SEO and Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO and Traffic

Well, after spending what seems like years building my sites, which was challenging enough, I'm going through some of the other forums looking for info on web traffic, seo, etc. It appears that this is a whole new animal... bots, spiders and other creepy stuff... makes me want to go bury my head in the sand... on a faraway island. Way overwhelming. Is it better to "buy" some traffic (if you can even find some that isn't a scam) or work on SEO? I tried creating a site map, but have been unsuccessful so far even using the links to site map creators on this forum. Is a site map truly important?

All I really want to know is... is it happy hour yet? I'm overwhelmed. HELP!

Don't let all these terms baffle you. It's quite simple really, build a website and submit it to the search engines. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about sitemaps at the stage. Never buy traffic, you normally end up getting ripped off. If you want to go down this route go with Google Addwords where you pay per click (ppc) Also look at Google Adsense, this is where you put google adverts on your website and google pay you everytime someone clicks through. It can be a good way of making money from your website.

On the SEO front you would probably be better off using Vodahosts service Vodahits, by the looks of it this service will tell you what needs optimising before they submit you. It looks like good value for money.

Hope this helps

Paul
    Last edited by Sarah; 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM.
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

Beware of buying traffic...Its a 99% scam with fake stats. Please
      visit www.vodahits.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

One proven ways you can increase wed traffic is through article submission. This method has been around for a while but many have ignore it. This best part is you can do it for free and it require you to do some work. though.

I noticed that nowadays it's quite difficult to get decent traffic if you're not within the first 2 pages on search engines results. To get on the first two page is one thing and before that you site or pages must be indexed by these search engines especially google. Changing of algorithm and "sandboxing" websites makes things even worse.

I'm in the mist of coming up with a few articles on article marketing as I'm still searching for quality ones. Meanwhile you could read this, just to understand how it works.

http://www.how-to-earn-extra-money.c...-articles.html

My 2 cents.

Jasman
        Tag & Ping Made Easy for Only $8.88

Comment

Thanks... I'll read up on it.

Originally posted by JustMan
          One proven ways you can increase wed traffic is through article submission. This method has been around for a while but many have ignore it. This best part is you can do it for free and it require you to do some work. though.

I noticed that nowadays it's quite difficult to get decent traffic if you're not within the first 2 pages on search engines results. To get on the first two page is one thing and before that you site or pages must be indexed by these search engines especially google. Changing of algorithm and "sandboxing" websites makes things even worse.

I'm in the mist of coming up with a few articles on article marketing as I'm still searching for quality ones. Meanwhile you could read this, just to understand how it works.

http://www.how-to-earn-extra-money.c...-articles.html

My 2 cents.

Jasman

Comment

My 10 cents

Buying the right traffic sometimes work, but anywhere from $1600.00 to who knows for real traffic. Seo is an entirely new thing to learn and takes alot off time to truly know what you are doing. Instead of being bogged down by mixed messages go to the horses mouth and ask. Go to google and find out what it takes to be indexed with them. To get out of the sandbox expect at least 6 months. I was indexed within a month in postion 25 with my page being full of dead links and not even half finished on yahoo. I have know idea what I did right. This I do believe, google is the top search engine but, if you rank well with yahoo, alta vista and msn is this outway a ranking with google? Msn is probably the easiest to get indexed on. pet121

Comment

A forum is great also...All the pages of this forum are indexed in ALL the search engines. If you put VodaHost into Google you will get 19,100 pages .

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

***** has a valid point here. Drop your link on a thread and when this forum is crawled your link just might get picked up. A good way of creating backlinks, both parties benefit. pet121

Comment

Seo

Thanks for all the advise. Lots of reading/research to be done. I do have a forum on my site. Keep the info coming. Here's my link http://www.lifeatfifty.com wish me luck!

Patti

Originally posted by pet121
                  ***** has a valid point here. Drop your link on a thread and when this forum is crawled your link just might get picked up. A good way of creating backlinks, both parties benefit. pet121

Comment

I apologize if I missed any key points in my response, but I was watching a movie whilst reading over the messages.

Optimization rests on content, alternative text, description, title that all need to contain keywords.

Do a bit of research to find out what popular 'keywords' and 'keyword phrases' are most related to your site.

Then, in the content of your site (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), in alternative text/associated with all images of your site (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), web page description (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), title (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible).

Please understand that even though you shower your page with keywords-don't saturate it and don't limit the time you put into yourself--you'd only limit it's possibilities.

http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ - Is the BEST tool I've tried with site analysis, but I'll be trying VodaHits.com shortly. Just enter your site and analysis wouldn't describe the results you'd get.

http://www.submitexpress.com/keytracker.html - Is a good tool to use to check for keywords and keyword phrases

Sincerely,

Gerard Douglas Petty
                    "If it's real estate in Florida, It's My Business"

www.gerardpetty.com - Still Under Major Construction - Fully Operational Winter 2006
                    gerardpetty@gerardpetty.com

Comment

Seo

Thanks Gerard... submitexpress.com is a very useful site. I have contemplated using VodaHits myself. It appears that they are less expensive. What do you think is the difference between the two services?

Patti

Originally posted by gdprealestate
                      I apologize if I missed any key points in my response, but I was watching a movie whilst reading over the messages.

Optimization rests on content, alternative text, description, title that all need to contain keywords.

Do a bit of research to find out what popular 'keywords' and 'keyword phrases' are most related to your site.

Then, in the content of your site (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), in alternative text/associated with all images of your site (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), web page description (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible), title (include as many keywords and keyword phrases as possible).

Please understand that even though you shower your page with keywords-don't saturate it and don't limit the time you put into yourself--you'd only limit it's possibilities.

http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ - Is the BEST tool I've tried with site analysis, but I'll be trying VodaHits.com shortly. Just enter your site and analysis wouldn't describe the results you'd get.

http://www.submitexpress.com/keytracker.html - Is a good tool to use to check for keywords and keyword phrases

Sincerely,

Gerard Douglas Petty
                      "If it's real estate in Florida, It's My Business"

www.gerardpetty.com - Still Under Major Construction - Fully Operational Winter 2006

Comment

Still without signing up with vodahits.com, I'd say the major difference would be that using submitexpress.com, the tools prepare you for doing all the work yourself.

But, if for some 'good for you' reason, your business is so success and if your time is so invaluable-going with vodahits.com would be the better choice.

Besides, it's affiliated with vodahost.com / blue voda-the best site designing software I've ever seen (ease/features) on the net and I've been searching for awhile.

Sincerely,

Gerard Douglas Petty
                        "If it's Real Estate in Florida, It's My Business"

www.gerardpetty.com

Comment

I totally agree with you on BV. I had been searching for some time myself. The other thought I have is that I noticed with submitexpress.com that after it analyzes your site (noting good and bad points) they are trying to sell you something to "fix" the problem. I'm dizzy with all the research I've done recently on SEO. I've read many conflicting articles about whether to put time and energy into SEO or Traffic. I only wish I were a bit more technical so that it's easier to understand the mass of information relative to SEO. Often times I've thought about paying someone more knowledgeable to update/correct my site. Your thoughts?

Patti

Still without signing up with vodahits.com, I'd say the major difference would be that using submitexpress.com, the tools prepare you for doing all the work yourself.

But, if for some 'good for you' reason, your business is so success and if your time is so invaluable-going with vodahits.com would be the better choice.

Besides, it's affiliated with vodahost.com / blue voda-the best site designing software I've ever seen (ease/features) on the net and I've been searching for awhile.

Sincerely,

Gerard Douglas Petty

www.gerardpetty.com

Comment

My Response...

Traffic is worthless, SEO is time consuming, but pays off if you do it right.

Then again, who says the customer you're looking for is going to be one of the thousands that are seeing your site as a backdoor window-if going with traffic--or after entering in keywords via search engines.

The best publicity for any site is to network (yourself).

Try ryze.com (business networking-mostly network marketers) or linkedin.com (very business like).

Do the hard work yourself, just make sure that your site is appealing to the eye, interest creating, and fast (quick load time).

Sincerely,

Gerard Petty

www.gerardpetty.com

Originally posted by Patti Johnson
                            I totally agree with you on BV. I had been searching for some time myself. The other thought I have is that I noticed with submitexpress.com that after it analyzes your site (noting good and bad points) they are trying to sell you something to "fix" the problem. I'm dizzy with all the research I've done recently on SEO. I've read many conflicting articles about whether to put time and energy into SEO or Traffic. I only wish I were a bit more technical so that it's easier to understand the mass of information relative to SEO. Often times I've thought about paying someone more knowledgeable to update/correct my site. Your thoughts?

Patti

Comment

Good advise... thanks.

Traffic is worthless, SEO is time consuming, but pays off if you do it right.

Then again, who says the customer you're looking for is going to be one of the thousands that are seeing your site as a backdoor window-if going with traffic--or after entering in keywords via search engines.

The best publicity for any site is to network (yourself).

Try ryze.com (business networking-mostly network marketers) or linkedin.com (very business like).

Do the hard work yourself, just make sure that your site is appealing to the eye, interest creating, and fast (quick load time).

Sincerely,

Gerard Petty

www.gerardpetty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X