Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viral method to drive traffic?

Hi all,

my site is a diet and weightloss site called www.flabfallsoff.com and hosted by Voda...

What does anyone think of these free viral marketing sites, like freeviral.com - that promise to - in time - send a lot of traffic to one's site? They do this thru people having to sign up below you, and needing to get a bit of code which is put on your site.

A lot of that traffic would be unqualified, ie not interested in your product, but some might. Is this just a case of a ton of useless traffic, or does anyone have experience of it working? At least to some degree?

Tks in advance,

Cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Viral method to drive traffic?

I generally stay far away from this type of thing. This doesn't fit the true definition of Viral Marketing.

Viral Marketing means you put together something very clever that has your website addy on it and it gets emailed around naturally because it is of great use to many people, it is very thought provoking or entertaining and people naturally share it with their friends and other people on their contact lists.

There is a band right now that is circulating a viral marketing video campaign where a very attractive lady goes to an apartment complex, the bands songs starts playing and she begins taking off her clothes. The video of her is shot as though some one is watching her thru the peephole in the door. The impression is tha she is doing a strip tease for a presumed boyfriend...well when the song is over, the door opens and then there is an elderly man and his wife standing there looking at the naked woman and the man looks at the number on the door and realized that his #6 has turned upside down and looks like a #9.....the woman did the strip tease in front of the wrong door...

The video is so clever that people are sharing it and passing it all over the place.....fantastic marketing for the band...That is viral marketing.

The outfit you placed the link to I would classify as more of a link farm and junk email marketer. If you do sign up with them (which I wouldn't recommend) use a throw away email addy. I did one of these things about 8 months ago and I couldn't believe how much junk emai I got....

Just my two cents.....
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hey Motoxxx

Great info, it's worth more than two cents
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hey Moto & Phil,

tks! You have put my mind at rest. And yeah, true viral marketing as you say offers something tangible and rewarding: life is like that and the internet teaches us that too ;)

Tks again

Will

Comment

OK then...here is another penny worth...that brings me up to 3 cents on this thread!

I also forgot to mention that the term "Viral" doesn't have anything to do with viruses. Basically all it means is that the ad campaign has taken on a life of its own and doesn't need to be maintained by the margeting agency. The nature of the net and human interaction allows the ads to spread like a virus.....hence the term "Viral Marketing"
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Thanks again Moto ;)

I would think tho that 'viral' comes originally from the medical field... so small. yet can spread like crazy... to the degree we even get the word 'virulent' from it... but then the IT world hijacked the word... lol

But yeah, viral marketing doesnt have anything to do with computer viruses...

MY 2c!! ;)

chao 4 now

Will

Comment

Working...
            X