Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing

hi everyone.
    just wondering if it is worth publishing my site before it is finished. also, does it need to be published for other forum users to tell me if i need to change anything.
    thanks

Re: publishing

Yes, if you don't publish it, how can we see it to make any suggestions ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you, will get it published.

Comment

Hi, I encounter some probelms, any advise is appreciated. I have published all my webpages last night and it was all perfect and ok after I spent 4 days to find out the problems of hyperlinking and navigation.

Today, I have discovered all my pages were lost and when I tried to republish, I could not see my pages Published but just to see only LIST of INDEX.

I have recreated public_html in cpanel using file manager and published by and blue publisher as advised.

I have created, by fantanstico two sub dormain (folder )- phpbbs as forum and one as school.These two sub folder/domains were rightly installed and worked when browsed for their respective directory /path.

Only the home page and its webpages were not shown up.it show up as List of index.

Thank you

lincoln
        www.xuankong-liufa.com
        www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

you need to name, save and publish your (main page) as index

publish this as index

I also notice that you have spaces in some of the urls on your navigation bar for you linking

you must name, save and publish each new page you make - all in small letters, and no spaces with the name and republish all again

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank lady. after few days of repeating testings,trial and error, I think I got the mess cleared and corrected But Not so sure if this is the correct way.I read the tutorial that said there should have no space in the naminng of the url of each pages in the button menu setting.I did that all, but that seemed not to be the problem causing all these messess.As it is, all the url naming and linking of each and evey webpages does still have space between the webpages.By rihgt and advised, it should haves an hyphenated or Underscore in between the two words say about us, it should be about _us or about-us.My nameing have no such underscore or a hypen.Yet they are ok and function well?See they are published now.

2-The other thing I am not clear is as how to link all the forums, schools and consultation office ( all are seperation installation of phpbb2), photo album (coppermine) and ecomece ( oscomerce ) ALL ARE SEPERATE SCRIPT AND SOFTWARE DIFFERENT TO THE STANDARD WEBPAGES DESIGNED BY BLUEVODA, to and as as button with all the same menu button of the standard pages in index pages.Now I have to use normal hyperlink technique to hyperlink them in order to get them work and displayed.

3-My planning and Logic are:

Bluevoda webpages as main site and all other standard webpages such as about us, contat us, xuankong and 4pillars...etc are linked and navigated by menu button as they are what as published now.

The 5 phpbb2 as schools and forum, coppermine as photo album, oscomercce as ecommerce, site 2 (soho launch ) ( if appicanble be navigated and buttoned as the abovesaid,-I can't do this and I have to use hyperlink as it is.

The observation is:

1-Either we use soho as the main domain or blue voda as main dormain-My prerent set up, blue voda is the main domain and soho is the site 2 as subdomain.I think it is hard to use soho as the main domain (maybe some one advise ).So I have to use blue voda as the mian domain-allothr script as subdomains.

2-If we could have soho as subdomain-it has all the ecommerce and photo album and many more facilities and softwares Intergrated and would save us to individually install all these scripts.-

3-I am Complete computer illiterate and this is my first time EVER tried to understand these basic and to do it myself.I may have presented wrong pictures, but please correct.

4-At this point, I am still waiting for the support department to tell me how to Install soho as sub dormain as I cannot find the directory/path of soho.

lincoln
            l
            www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

1-I have to scratch pieces from pieces of all turorial and articles posted in the FORUMS to link them up as a Whole peicutre in order to provide how to use this blue voda effecitive and efficiently.

2-I have to delete and recreate public_html in file paage in c/panel to each time doing the testings by trial and errors.The reason was, I could not delete any particular pages one page that was bad or needed to be represented.There offered No Choice to delete a single unwanted webpage from public_html folder in c/pael.I have had to delete The public_html as a package and to recreate a new one again to republish.I have to repeat this process many many time.

2-I have to install and reinstall pupbbs and other scripts using fantastico each time I have deleted public_html and recreated public_html .If this public _html was deleted, I have to create one again IN ORDER TO PUBLISH MY PAGES.No public_ html, publishing is incomplete as the published page cannot be seen and dipslayed.It was the content of public _html that was displayed.No public_html, No view.( I learnt this from the forum).

lincoln
              www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

public_html should NEVER be deleted and recreated. Just emptied if necessary.
                You don't need to delete your pages, publishing the new version will overwritte the old one.

Phpbb forum should NOT be installed in public_html, but in a folder of its own. You have that option during installation.

And, yes, you DO have the option to delete single pages through File Manager. You can also do the same through BlueFTP (much easier)

I beleive that you need to go through the tutorials once more
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank Mr,Navaldesign, I have mades very serious mistakes to have had deleted and recreated public_html many many time. What are contained in the public_html apart of our webpage of the website? Is soholauch originally installed by the company also been deleted when we have deleted pubic_html?What were lost in the public_html other than what initiallay installed by company for us.

I cannot install soho now to be foldered as public_html/site2, was this because of the above acts and mistakes?.Please have a look at my website where photo album and site 2 still could not be perfected yet.I have had managed to instal paypal's html single Button BY LUCK.I wish to install hit counter that provide only html to paste on my web.

For pubb2, I did nothing as creating any folder in public_html, I just installed the dormain name and all turned out ok. I donot know if these were foldered seperately in c/panel or not.Do you mean they would automatically go to public_html along with the webpages as well? unless we have a seperated folder for them?

I have created also a website by open office, How am I to publish it to this website as 3rd site , may be.Yes, I am reading through all the tutorial and foruma again for all those I need to know

Many thanks

lincoln
                  www.xuankong-liufa.com
                  www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Yes, you need some clearing up your ideas.

phpbb forum, if installed in public_html, will cause conflicts with other scripts and / or pages.
                    The same goes with Soholaunch. Also, deleteing it, you cannot anymore install or uninstall it through Fantastico, because it finds the installation details but not the files themselves. I suggest that you submit a support ticket, and ask VH to completely reset (clean) your account. Then start installing again phpbb and soho in subfolders, and use public_html for your BlueVoda Pages.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hi, daval, you are very experienced and right, up to minute ago,I went through soho forum where it advsied to install http:yourdomain.com/installsoholaunch.php

I did that and to find it was negative response with no files there as you have said.I have asked for a reset week ago and thought it was done, seemed I have to put a ticket again as you said here.

Thank you-Clear now
                      lincoln
                      www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

If you deleted your public html your account is shot, you must submit a support ticket and request a complete acccount reset.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you administrtor, I have forwarded nava's suggestion to support departmen for their action.

2-Do I have to give a NAME for each folder for phpbbs, and other script independently and create them in c/panel? such as public_html/ forum or I donot not put public_html just put forum (stand for forum folder).That mean, there is only one public _html containing all bluevoda pages in c/panel, If I want to publish othere site 3 say, then I have to create another folder site3 Or public_html/site3?.

2-Of course, I would leave soholauch issue with V/H and do nothing about them and expect the soho is there.Since bluevoda is the main domain, then soho must be in another subdormain such as site 2.Do I have to inform the V/D to put soho as site 2 or just leave it like that, they will know to do it,

3-When soho is installed, usually what directory it be? as main directory?.If soho to be as main directoary or main domain, then I cannot have bluevoda as site 2. I think I can only have bluevoda as main domain and soho as site2 just as you have said bluevoda as the front end and soho as the back end.

Thank

lincoln
                          www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

2-Do I have to give a NAME for each folder for phpbbs, and other script independently and create them in c/panel? such as public_html/ forum or I donot not put public_html just put forum (stand for forum folder).That mean, there is only one public _html containing all bluevoda pages in c/panel, If I want to publish othere site 3 say, then I have to create another folder site3 Or public_html/site3?.

No, Fantastico will create the folders at the moment of installation of phpbb . For soho, it is a bit different. You need to create a SUBDOMAIN first. (Attention: a subdomain, not a simple folder). Call this subdomain "soho". When you start installing Soho, the wizard will ask you which domain to install Soho in, and you will have the option to select among the main site (don't put it in there) and the subdomain.
                            If you need to add domains (sites) in your account, just add them as addon domains through your CP. The wizard will automatically create the folders for these domains as well.

2-Of course, I would leave soholauch issue with V/H and do nothing about them and expect the soho is there.Since bluevoda is the main domain, then soho must be in another subdormain such as site 2.Do I have to inform the V/D to put soho as site 2 or just leave it like that, they will know to do it,

No the support will NOT install soho and phpbb for you. That's your job. As said, when you install them

3-When soho is installed, usually what directory it be? as main directory?.If soho to be as main directoary or main domain, then I cannot have bluevoda as site 2. I think I can only have bluevoda as main domain and soho as site2 just as you have said bluevoda as the front end and soho as the back end.

Excactly. Main domain with BV, subdomain with Soho
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Ok , gotit , I will try to create a subdomain now-Hope I can do it right.

Thank

Lincoln
                              www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X