Site Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Test

I have gotten my site up, let me know what you think and what needs work, some links are still not quite up yet, will be soon
    Jason Cottle
    www.worldlydogs.com

Re: Site Test

Jason, I'm worried about your tag on your name "SEO Mentor & Training Coach" - as your site is lacking in SEO.

Your name needs to be able to be read in the banner and it would look better if you used a photo editing program to add the name (in a readable fashion) if you're sold on that picture. (I happen to like the pic cuz the puppy looks like what one of mine did when young.)

You explain the alphabetical list further down the page, but it would make more sense to have that list where the explanation is :)

You have what looks like a space on the home page for a picture, but it's just blank.

The page needs to be either aligned left or centered. Many will tell you to change the width to 800 so no one has to scroll left to right. If you're within 1024, I wouldn't worry too much about that - as less and less people have the 800 width. However, if you want to guarantee that you not annoy any with width, you'll have to stay at 800 or less.

You also have a grey square with nothing on it and lots of white space under that.

Your copyright info is too light a color for the page.

I guess none of the dog pages are up yet - will come back another time to look at them.

Your listing pages by alphabet would be better in columns - at least 2 - instead of one long page.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey Jason

I also like your Banner but think the writing should be over the water on the left hand side that way you don't detract from the Husky. (If that is a husky.)

I like the idea of your site and I guess you have a lot of work to do because theres so many breeds. Good Luck
      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Maybe a Samoid not Husky? Whatever he is... he's cute.

I agree with Bethers and Phil on everything. The pictures aren't showing up for me either. Good start and it will be a great site if you adhere to the guidance you receive here and keep working!
        Good luck
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

I also agree with Bethers on the SEO statement.....and well just about everything else that has been said....
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far, the areas for "pics" are supposed to be adsense, in firefox they look great, I will work on the header text and finish the links for the north america dogs tonight, also I can't seem to get 2 links on the africa page to work - coton de tulear, and perro de presa canario. the sites are there just the links don't seem to work I have checked all I can think of. and made sure that they were saved and published right.

I am having problems with the viewing in IE any suggestions?

and the white dog is a American Eskimo..page to be up tonight
            Jason Cottle
            www.worldlydogs.com

Comment

Good start, lot of tweaking needed.
              -Your pictures are not showing up in either IE6 or FF.
              -Your pages are too wide 1386px (Beth)
              -The header is somewhat confusing. If you sued a specific font for "Worldly..." it only appears as a combination of 2 different fonts.
              -The majority of your links do not work yet.
              -For IE6 you might be blocking yourself, turn off blocker from Tools.

Good luck
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I knew it was an Eskie, cuz that's what one of mine is :) - Only mine will soon be 13.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sprite is 7 soon to be 8

I have my site up and it is looking good in ff but in ie I cannot get the adsense ads to display, any suggestions
                  Jason Cottle
                  www.worldlydogs.com

Comment

Off to a great start, but needs some work..
                    too much to read
                    needs to be centered
                    be more to the point about the content
                    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

I'm not sure what else I can do to center it I set the parameters to 1050w and centered the table within the page with the same margin on both sides then in the page properties I also set it to center in the browser, in bv it looks centered and in the previews but not on the live site
                      Jason Cottle
                      www.worldlydogs.com

Comment

You need to build the site in 0-1050 - NOT to center it on the BV page - that moves it over automatically. It will not look centered in BV - but the previews should look the same as the live site.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

it is built within 1150/ not 1050 (sorry was at work and couldn't see it) and has margins equal on each side of 100 that would center it within the page width, the center area is 950 wide this alone should center it but I also selected to center in browser. should I not have the margin on the left?
                          Jason Cottle
                          www.worldlydogs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Worldlydogs
                            it is built within 1150/ not 1050 (sorry was at work and couldn't see it) and has margins equal on each side of 100 that would center it within the page width, the center area is 950 wide this alone should center it but I also selected to center in browser. should I not have the margin on the left?

Try moveing it to the left so theres no back ground showing and see if it works.
                            www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

I got the pages to center I found the problem, I am still having a problem with my adsense in ie though
                              Jason Cottle
                              www.worldlydogs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X