Paypal shopping cart/continue shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal shopping cart/continue shopping

I have loaded the "add to cart, view cart" Paypal buttons. When it goes to checkout there is a "continue shopping" button that goes nowhere. I don't think it is the same as the auto return, because this is before the checkout is complete. Couldn't find the help on Paypal (a confusing site!). Anyone know how to configure the continue shopping button?
    I'm ALMOST done!
    THX
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Re: Paypal shopping cart/continue shopping

Hi, I just tried your page http://www.memoriesdvds.com/pricing.html & all seems to work fine. When I press the add cart, I go to PP. Then press continue shopping & it took me back to the page I came from. Then added a second item & all was the same.
    I nearly pressed check out (But thought Nah!) lol. All seems to be fine.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris! Ah, go ahead! Press checkout! LOL
      Guess I'll be putting the site up for member review shortly.
      Debi
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Looks like it works on IE, but not Firefox. Go figure.... Need to find out why.
        Debi
        Debi
        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Hi, I swapped over to F/fox & I had the same problem. Its funny, I usually am using firefox & when I looked at yours I was in IE. I even upgraded the firefox to V2 to make sure this wasn’t the problem.
          Had a quick search, & quite a few others have the same problem. It maybe worth dropping pay pal a line to see if they have a fix. (This might take a few months)
          Really! With the amount of firefox users, you wouldn’t think a problem as serious as this would be happening.

Dam! I didn’t go to check out again. Next time. lol

PS. Pop a post back here if you get a solution, as it’s the sort of thing that could mean a lot of consumers leaving a site.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, I did send a support to Paypal....no word yet.
            Will post when I get a fix. If we're not too old to read it by then. LOL!
            Debi
            Debi
            DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Hi,
              I have a similar problem. Have just started to install paypal shopping cart (1 item so far. Checking in various browsers is a nightmare! My site is http://www.jamesbartondesign.com .

1. IE, does not work at all. clicking on either "add to basket" or view basket" elicits to response at all (although the "pointing finger" does appear).

2. Firefox, OK but continue shopping does nothing.

3. Netscape, works perfectly.

4. Opera, nothing, maffi, zilch. Although I think it did work once, but it may be a figment of my imagination.

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?
              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by proactivator
                Hi,
                I have a similar problem. Have just started to install paypal shopping cart (1 item so far. Checking in various browsers is a nightmare! My site is http://www.jamesbartondesign.com .

1. IE, does not work at all. clicking on either "add to basket" or view basket" elicits to response at all (although the "pointing finger" does appear).

2. Firefox, OK but continue shopping does nothing.

3. Netscape, works perfectly.

4. Opera, nothing, maffi, zilch. Although I think it did work once, but it may be a figment of my imagination.

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?
                Hi, tried this page http://www.jamesbartondesign.com/11-in-CEMO.html & all seemed to be OK for me in IE & F/F .
                The continue shopping button didn’t send me back, but this may not be set up in pay pal yet? All very strange?
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I also have just started using the new paypal shopping cart buttons and find that I no longer have 'return to shopping' as I did have with designing buttons on paypal site. In fact I have some pages with and without as I started half way through. Can this be sorted, do we have to go back to old faithful.

Comment

Working...
                  X