All problems solved! Pls. review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All problems solved! Pls. review!

Hello All! Think I've got this site all together now. Would appreciate any and all reviews, advice, criticisms, suggestions.
    Thanks to all who've helped me get this far. I'd have given up long ago without you.
    Debi
    Continue shopping button works fine w/ IE, but does not return to page in Firefox.
    Debi
    DBoucher-Photography.com

Re: All problems solved! Pls. review!

in the What sets us apart the text bring your memories to life the life is overlaping,
    actually it is like that on all pages except the home page do this its easy remove all the text from those pages copy the text on homepage and place it on all the other pages or simply stretch the text to make it all line up together. i just usually copy and paste, but everyone is different :)

I use ie6 tried ie7 and firefox so need to say i don't like them so i never upgrade my explorer.

but site looks great.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Thanks for the input! Stretched the text box, let me know if that helped! Didn't show that way on my browser, what is your screen set at? Mine is 1024X768.
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Hi Debi,
        I didn't see any overlap... the site looks great ... easy to move around in.
        Good job!
        Naturally Yours,
        Dori
        www.earthelixirs.com
        www.earthelixirsinc.com
        www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
        www.virtualdesigndiva.com
        www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi, the site looks fine, but I am not sure about the form area.

When you print the form it is on just over the length of a page & the 2nd page only has a 1/3 of it being used. It may be nice to give a bit more room to the rest of the form so that it’s a little easier to get the address in. You may even be better off, having the form over 2 pages & the jargon bit on a separate page, with a tick box on the form to say they have read it.
          This also can be easily set up using BV,s free form maker pro.
          What it will do is give you the facility of someone filling out there details on the screen & when they press send. You get an email, they get an email that can be set up for them to just sign & send back to you with their cds & deposit. But its still handy to have a printed form.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

photo editing, demo slideshow, and pricing the LIFE does overlap, seen you fixed the what sets us apart overlap, it looks better but others are still over lapping sorry just saying what i see on my end.

my setting is 1024 x 768 windows xp , with IE6 explorer, text size medium.
            "Jim"

Comment

Hello and thanks for to you all for your input so far. I have stretched again, it looks fine on my browser, so pls. let me know if it's better now on yours naghosthunter! Also, redid the order form , giving more space to the first page, Chris. I agee, it looks better and prints nicely.
              Debi
              Debi
              DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

You need to start thinking about the terms people will search for to find you. Then you need to use those terms - and use them in the page titles and text. Right now, you're going to be lost on the internet unless you want to use Pay-Per-Click or you have another marketing plan in place to reach the internet users. The search engines aren't going to bring you up in searches with the pages as is.

For example, on your home page, your page title is "Cherish your families memories" - now that says what people feel, but I promise if they are looking for someone to transfer their pictures, they won't be searching using that term. You need to do some hard homework to find the terms people ARE using to find what you do - and then you need to use those terms.

You've got a great product, and the website looks really nice - you've done a wonderful job there, too. Now, you need to concentrate on what's necessary to get people TO your site.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Bethers and thank you! I'm glad to have positive feedback about the site, and what I offer!
                  Took your advice and made some changes, then checked each page against Widexl, and it's looking good. Have single, double, and three word phrases up at the top for searches. They are slideshow (s), photo (s), DVD (s). Renamed a couple pages as well. Have learned when I make changes, I have to go back and redo that as well!
                  Now researching info on submitting to SEs. Any suggestions appreciated :)
                  Debi
                  DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

"contact" on the bottom of what sets us apart overlaps on ie

nice site
                    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

also a pic at the bottom right side of dvd page that doesn't show; is red x
                      Liz
                      www.sebastopolparty.com
                      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

OK, widexl is great for checking what YOU have written, but NOT for checking what the keywords people are using should be. The new titles are better, but still not going to bring you much traffic. For example, you would find 3 to 4 times more people search for "photo to dvd" than do "dvd photo slideshow". And many use photo to cd - so using the term cd is important.

Again, do the research to see what people use to search - not what terms you are using on the site.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

much better no more overlapping
                          "Jim"

Comment

I like the way you got the slideshows to play. Site looks really good :)
                            Teri

Comment

Hi Debi.....Ditto what Bethers said about the research for terms. Remember when we did the web conference, I had mentioned to you that doing this reasearch for your industry is going to be very key. The stuff we came up with during the web conference was just preliminary.

As far as submitting to the SEs, I would submit to MSN search but not to Google and Yahoo. Everyone talks about the google sandbox but Yahoo has one too! MSN will pick your site up the fastest and you will be able to track your results quickly. To get into Google and Yahoo without being sandboxed, write a couple of articles about your topic and inlcude a link in your sig at the bottom of the article and submit it to article directories. Google and Yahoo will both crawl the bigger Article sites about every other day and will also crawl any sites that your article has been delivered to as well. Once they crawl your links in your articles...PRESTO! You are indexed! This has worked for about 5 of my sites. This was something I learned after having my very first site get sandboxed for about 5 months...That is very frustrating!

Really glad to see the site coming together!.
                              Affordable Medical Insurance
                              Discount Dental Plan
                              Washington State Health Insurance
                              Temporary Health Insurance
                              Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
                              X