Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP question

Hi

I´m having a rather hard time figuring out how to protect the member area on my site. I´m using php script from a site called Sentrylogin. It all looks good, but I must be doing something wrong because I keep getting an "HTTP 404 error" when trying to connect to the login page. I have followed the following procedure so far:

1: Got scripts (login form and topcode) from Sentrylogin for my login page and changed the extension from html to php in BlueVoda page properties (do I need to do anything else when renaming the extensions???)
    2: Placed keyfile in a folder I named "member"
    3: Were in doubt about placing a Meta redirect (maybe I encountered the first problem here. You tell me )
    4: Uploaded the login page
    5: Placed PHP Page Protection Topcode (on all of my protected pages (not using Access levels since I don´t know what it is) and changed the extensions from html to php in BlueVoda page properties
    6: Again encoutered problems setting up a Meta redirect
    7: Hyperlinked from my index page to my login page like this: mysite.com/login.php (is this neccesary or should I just link to "mysite.com/login")
    8: Uploaded pages to folder public_html/member (where keyfile is placed)

Basically it... I tend to think the mistake is that I hyperlinked the wrong way or that I screwed up the extensions in some way. Or maybe the script is placed wrong or maybe the fact that I placed the protected pages in a different folder than "public_html" called "public_html/member"

I hope someone can guide me step by step or just point out any potential error(s) I have made.

Thanks

Morten Fabrin

Re: PHP problem

Hi, it’s a bit hard to say without knowing which program it is & for someone to see the script you are working on or the url of the page.
    You will need to pop your ID or website in your signature.
    (User CP top of page)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

PHP Login Form Topcode:

<?php $WebKey='DOQyHLPo0g1ffsdc'; ?><?php $FormView=1; ?><?php $Sentry_ID=904; ?><?php include('Sentry_keyfile.php'); ?><!-- Sentry PHP Login Script v.2.0.4 - Sentrylogin.com -->

PHP Page Protection Topcode:

<?php $WebKey='DOQyHLPo0g1ffsdc'; ?><?php $MembersOnly=true; ?><?php $Sentry_ID=904; ?><?php include('Sentry_keyfile.php'); ?><!-- Sentry PHP Page Protection v.2.0.3 - Sentrylogin.com -->

Comment

Don't know about your script, because it uses a file and not a database check. If you wish have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/examples.php
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Is it necessary to put your protected pages and files inside the CGI folder?

Comment

No. Protected pages have a piece of code at the beggining of the page code, which checks if the user is logged in or not. If he is logged in, he can view the page, otherwise access id denied and the visitor gets redirected to the loggin (or registration) page
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Good...

Could you also please clarify this: In Bluevoda when you select the "php extension" in "page properties"? Is that it? Is the page automatically a php file/page at this point ready for password protection? Or will it first be a php when uploaded to server?

And thanks for your patience, but i&#180;m very new at this...

Comment

If you select the php extension, the page will be published as php. This doesn't mean that there is php code in it. There will be no php code until you place some in it. The php extension though is necessary for the server to know that it has to look for php commands in the page code. To protect your pages you need to embedd the php protection code at the start of the page.
                Navaldesign

Comment

And when linking to the protected pages, will I have to manually write php, for instance like this: "www.scandiaband.com/login.php"?
                  And let&#180;s say the "login.php" is located in folder named "member" will i have to link like this: "www.scandiaband.com/member/login(php or not)?

Comment

And thank you for the quick replies....

Comment

And when linking to the protected pages, will I have to manually write php, for instance like this: "www.scandiaband.com/login.php"?
                      And let&#180;s say the "login.php" is located in folder named "member" will i have to link like this: "www.scandiaband.com/member/login(php or not)?

Comment

when you link to a php page, ofcourse you need to link like www.scandiaband.com/login.php

Then again, if the page is in a folder, called "member", then yes, the link should be www.scandiaband.com/member/login.php
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you very much

Very useful....

Comment

Re: PHP + HTML question

Hi Folks,

Using BV is great.

My question is this?

When we publish a page (i.e. application.bvp) am I correct in saying that depending on the setup on the page it will produce a application.php file or a application.html file.

That being the case where would those files be stored and are they accesible?

Your help here would be most appreciated

Regards
                            ROb
                            Kind Regards
                            Rob
                            www.gnjgf.co.za
                            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Re: PHP question

The .bvp file, when published, is converted to html code (exception made for eventuall external (php , javascript etc) code embedded in the page.

The files are published as html or php depending on the page settings, in your site (in most cases, in the public_html folder)

The files are accessible only through FTP directly from your site, not available on your computer.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X