Sitemap changes to Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap changes to Google

Hi, I am just wondering if everytime I change my sitemap am I required to resubmit it to Google or just on my system?
    Will they pick it up next time they come around or should I delete it out of Google sitemap under our webmaster and resubmit?
    Thanking you

Leanne

Re: Sitemap changes to Google

It depends on which sitemap you are referrring to.

If you have a an XML site map and you are adding more pages to your site or doing major upgrades, then yes. Recreate the sitemap and re upload it to your FTP folder.

If you are referring to your Google site map, log in to your Google account and redo it from there.

If you are just referring to the sitemap on your site that is a page that hosts links and descriptions to your other site pages, then no.

It never hurts to make sure all three are up to date however.
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Re: Sitemap changes to Google

Originally posted by motoxxx
      It depends on which sitemap you are referrring to.

If you have a an XML site map and you are adding more pages to your site or doing major upgrades, then yes. Recreate the sitemap and re upload it to your FTP folder.

If you are referring to your Google site map, log in to your Google account and redo it from there.

If you are just referring to the sitemap on your site that is a page that hosts links and descriptions to your other site pages, then no.

It never hurts to make sure all three are up to date however.
      Thank you. Yes it was just the ror sitemap on my site with descriptions etc. Thank you for your response.

Leanne

Comment

Working...
      X