Protecting my book for sale overseas question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my book for sale overseas question

I receive 70 % of my traffic from the U.S at the moment and do sell the odd book over there. The problem is with extra postage and waiting time this is minimal. I have a freind from the states that I met on-line a year or so ago, who has helped me a lot and we talk on msn etc.....

Now we came up with a plan of him making and selling it over there for me, he is very good on the promotion side of things and owns many sites selling different items. O.k so its all good, the problem is I trust this guy, but still feel I may need some assurences that he is not going to dissapear into thin air once he is suppose to send me my cheque every month. I feel there is very little chance of this otherwise I would not be working with him, but I just need to know if there is anything I could do to doubly make sure I am protected here, have him sign something etc...although not sure on overseas policys o protection.

All we have at the moment is that in the book I have given him permission to sell it. Any ideas and how I protect myself furthur?

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Protecting my book for sale overseas question

Hi, you can either set him up as a total franchise or what would be easier is for you to take all payments & forward a commission onto your friend for his services. Maybe even set this up as an affiliating type style. You can adjust the affiliation payments as a percentage of each sale if you want. You can also increase the percentage to the proportional sales that he makes. (Will give him incentive to sell more)
    This way you are in control.
    I forgot to say! I am assuming this is an Ebook.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry! Should have noticed the postage side of things. Your style on the site is looking a lot better these days. But you have a problem on most page's in that the images or the text are over lapping. (A lot) Viewing in firefox.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry! Should have noticed the postage side of things. Your style on the site is looking a lot better these days. But you have a problem on most page's in that the images or the text are over lapping. (A lot) Viewing in firefox.

Good luck.
        Hi Chris, no he is just selling the book, not an ebook. The problem with me taking the payments is I will receive all the addresses,which then means I have to pick the addresses up, then email them to him, then him picking them up and sending out, slowing the whle process down, as they are also going to be sold on ebay, it creates a problem. I just don't want to feel I am losing control, if I decided I no longer wanted him to sell them for whatever reason, I need something in place to make sure he does not, again I trust him, but you have to be careful these days.

On the firefox side of things, I have heard this before, not a lot I can do really, I have moved the paypal buttons down as requested. The images etc, not sure how to do this, I am still a internet baby remember.

Cheers mate

Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hi Paul. The firefox wasn’t a little out. Have a look.

It’s the long pages that are causing it. Fire fox is a pain for this. But I must admit i tend to do most of my work with fire fox in the knowledge that it will work in IE.
          On the email part. The email can be set up to send you and the person in the states the same emails from 1 form. ?
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Well I can fix that part by moving the book down and lengthing the box holding the testimonal in, if any others are pretty bad then let me know, pain for me also. The email option sounds like something I may have to look into.

Regards Paul
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Welcome to the stite for Collectables, Collecting & Collectors. By the way the above is overlapping the links at the top of the page, also it says stite instead of site Chris.
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Ah! Cheers. I was working on getting key words into the head of that text & you had caught me at a playing around time.
                If I take the orange head out & put into an html box with <h1> ‘s It goes all over the place. Real pain trying to get key words into the head of the page with the way I have done the site.
                If I place the html box to high, it blocks the menu from working. Strange!
                Thanks anyway. All corrected now & back to the old way.

On your one, you have that problem on every long page. Short ones are ok.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I will have a look at the other pages thanks.

Yes yours is looking good again. I must say I am very impressed with your whole site, one of the best I have seen. I love collectables myself, so I may go back and browse for a bit.

Hope it has done well for you so far.

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hi, the site is not actually even meant to be out there just yet. I have been waiting for a guy to finish quite a complicated database for me & its taking him for ever.
                    “Which is a real pain” But we will get there in the end & its given me time to learn about websites & making lots of mistakes, do’s & don’ts.
                    So this can only be a good thing, as in, learning by them..
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                      I receive 70 % of my traffic from the U.S at the moment and do sell the odd book over there. The problem is with extra postage and waiting time this is minimal. I have a freind from the states that I met on-line a year or so ago, who has helped me a lot and we talk on msn etc.....

Now we came up with a plan of him making and selling it over there for me, he is very good on the promotion side of things and owns many sites selling different items. O.k so its all good, the problem is I trust this guy, but still feel I may need some assurences that he is not going to dissapear into thin air once he is suppose to send me my cheque every month. I feel there is very little chance of this otherwise I would not be working with him, but I just need to know if there is anything I could do to doubly make sure I am protected here, have him sign something etc...although not sure on overseas policys o protection.

All we have at the moment is that in the book I have given him permission to sell it. Any ideas and how I protect myself furthur?

Regards Paul
                      Nothing beats a professionally prepared Contract, complete with indemnified personal identification (Notarized) and specified recourse(s).
                      Now, if you wanted to be really slick, you could also spend $365 to register your work with the US Patent Office as a trademarked creative work, which would prevent him or anyone else that comes in contact with it (from any source) from plagerizing!

*The FBI (and ultimately Interpol) enforces US Patents and Copyright internationally, especially with regard to the internet, internet commerce, and eCommerce. It is the only country with this kind of legal reach....well worth the measure of deterrance, even, in my mind.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nothing beats a professionally prepared Contract, complete with indemnified personal identification (Notarized) and specified recourse(s).
                        Now, if you wanted to be really slick, you could also spend $365 to register your work with the US Patent Office as a trademarked creative work, which would prevent him or anyone else that comes in contact with it (from any source) from plagerizing!

*The FBI (and ultimately Interpol) enforces US Patents and Copyright internationally, especially with regard to the internet, internet commerce, and eCommerce. It is the only country with this kind of legal reach....well worth the measure of deterrance, even, in my mind.
                        Thanks for that Vasili, have you a link to where I need to go for more info?
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

US Patent Office has all the info and services available for Copyright, Trademark, Servicemark, and registrations...

As far as a Contract, you will have to come up with one that fits your specific needs. In your case, I would absolutely insist on having your preferred Solicitor review and formalize one you initially wrote/drafted to assure legality and enforcability.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X