Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to jack up my site's aesthetics :-

Hi all,

My site is on diet and weightloss and called www.flabfallsoff.com - hosted by Voda...

I have had quite a bit of feedback on my site, and still digesting the comments - people are saying it needs to look a touch more "professional". I think I need to put gridlines on either side of the copy and pic, but dont know how to do this.

I also want to center some text, and flush left others, but since I cut and pasted the text into the BV website builder, if I highlight a section and center it, the ENTIRE text centers. Not what I want! How do I overcome this without disturbing the whole architecture of the site?

I also could put in "From the eDesk of Will Mason + (date)" - how do I put this in so the date automatically stays up to date? (altho this is probably more in line with something coming from a 'guru' like Joe Vitale or Yanik Silver, not a 'newbie' - what does anyone think?)

The 'template' I have used for a 'professional' site is Joe Vitale's www.attractanewcar.com - pse check this out for the type of simple gridlines I mean, plus the general look and feel.

Bethers - tks for the notes before regarding how the site looks and loads - 800 resolution etc - can I email you separately about that? I just need some clarity on it all, tks ;)

I also wonder if I should put color in the 'empty' space on each side - altho this will add to download time so probably unnecessary, plus it makes it look like an ad. But if I wanted to, how would I do it? Ie, on each side of the tramlines would be color, but in between the tramlines is a plain white b/g, and copy and pics.

I also can't wrap text around a pic. Check out my site: why can't I add text to the side of the pic? I was told I must do this 'manually' (on the support forum) - but HOW?

Any other comments as to how I can make the site look more professional would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance to all the wonderful folks at BV...

Cheers,

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Need to jack up my site's aesthetics :-

Jeez Will,
    I clicked to buy and couldn't. Bummer..... Let me know when you are up and running.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

The buy button worked for me.
      First, scoot your whole page to the left. I have to scroll right to see what you have.
      I have an aversion to white backgrounds and even more dislike for red white and blue which is for politics, not health issues. Google weight lossand look at some other sites.
      www.attractanewcar.com did not open for me.
      You are addressing an important issue - I hope you can create a site that is effective.
      L
      HumBird
      www.Humnew.com

Comment

Tried the link again and got a:
        This program cannot display the webpage
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

To do center on some and not others - break the text up into different sections and put different text bars in for the ones that are going in differently. Quite easy :)

For your type of site, white is a common background and I have no problem with that. But, after you add the lines (use the shape button and make an entire border around the page - or just make them into individual lines (I suggest the border), anyway, after this, I do think making a different color for the area outside would be more pleasing on the eye (if you select a good color) and will draw people's attention back into the stie.

Feel free to email me at beth @ moxie-enter-prises.com -

Depending on how you put the picture on the page - you can put text around it by using the text boxes around it - or if you want to put the picture and text in by using a table, you can then put text "around" the picture.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey Carbon, Hum & Beth,

tks for all the comments! Gonna address them all as soon as I can... :)

Attract a new car dot com? Funny, the hyperlink didnt work but if you put that address into a sep. browser it comes up fine, dunno why it didnt work as a hyperlink?

Carbon, you couldnt buy?? Man, this is something. Funny, I just emailed Clickbank last nite about this very thing, be4 reading this post. Am getting quite a few hits - esp thru a button on a friend's site - but not that many sales. So you better believe I just emailed them to ask WHAT is going on?? (lol)

If anyone else has a problem, pse let me know! I tested all 5 Buy links (thanks BTW for the tip about all underlining leading to the buy page, Beth) - and they all worked. So something is rotten in the state of Denmark (or at least on this URL, lol)

Carbon - for your pains I will email you a gratis copy! Howz that? I will email you thru one of your sites. The customer is always right, y'see... LOL.

Re the scooting to the left: I have a 17 inch LCD monitor, so all sites come up no probs. BUT, I used to have a smaller cathode ray tube thingy, which was a pain for scrolling etc!! So yeah, must make it as easy as possible for all... :-

Well, as per usual, thanks again folks!

Chao 4 now,

Will

Comment

I have a 21" screen and still had to scroll right.
              HumBird
              www.Humnew.com

Comment

Thank You for the gratis copy!!!!!!
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Welcome Terry!

Enjoy!

cheers 4 now

Will

Comment

Working...
                  X