Number of Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Keywords

Is it some unwritten law about the max. number of keywords most say 20 but all sites in my niche use úp to 60 and what about description size.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Number of Keywords

The description should stay short and sweet - as some se's will use the description when they give search results.

The keywords - since NONE of the major se's even look at them - why bother wasting time with that meta - and there is no way you can optimize any page for more than 3-5 keyword phrases. The only unwritten rule is not to use the meta keywords to spam (which means the words need to be on the page) - but skipping it entirely won't hurt you with the major se's - so don't spend lots of time worrying about them - and don't spend extra time spamming them. Simply put in the few major ones in the meta.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hello all. Love this forum! Never seen so many nice, helpful people in one place.
        My question: When using the keyword digger, should I use the most searched ones or the lesser, such as in niche? I think I just answered my own question-my website is about web hosting companies. So it's not really a niche, I guess that means each page should be use a few good keyword phrases and then those would be the ones to include in the meta tags. Am I getting this correct, or close? Thanks for all your ideas. I find so many answers here without a lot of searching.

ragamuffin

Comment

Yes, you're getting the idea. And for more reading on the subject of seo - click on the last link in my signature :)
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            The description should stay short and sweet - as some se's will use the description when they give search results.

The keywords - since NONE of the major se's even look at them - why bother wasting time with that meta - and there is no way you can optimize any page for more than 3-5 keyword phrases. The only unwritten rule is not to use the meta keywords to spam (which means the words need to be on the page) - but skipping it entirely won't hurt you with the major se's - so don't spend lots of time worrying about them - and don't spend extra time spamming them. Simply put in the few major ones in the meta.
            Beth, I am a little puzzeled when you say that the S.E´s dont bother with the keywords meta, as in your previous posts, you have taken great pains to mention keywords within page content.

So, do we use keywords or not ?
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Keywords on the page and the meta tag for keywords are completely different.

Yes, they read your pages - and recognize the words you use the most often and bold, etc - and those keywords and phrases are VERY important.

But the keyword meta tag has been so misused and spammed that most se's don't pay any attention to it at all anymore - and if you don't fill them in you're better off than if you spam them. But some of the smaller se's DO look at it - but use it PROPERLY -

As with most everything online and in life - people try to find ways to fool - just like with the old saying "You can't fool Mother Nature" - you can't fool the spiders/bots - at least not in the long run :)
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X