How to pass form data to new page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pass form data to new page?

I am building a hotel web site and on the home page there is a small form where guests can indicate their arrival date, # of nights they're staying, how many guest, etc.

This small form is intended to just start the registration process, so that when they click on the "submit" button, they will be taken to a separate guest registration page where other information will be entered such as name, address, credit card info (SSL will be required), etc. I am using Form Builder Pro to construct the registration form.

What I need to happen is this:

When guests click on the "submit" button referred to above, I need the information to be populated (posted?) into exactly the same fields on the registration page so that it will be emailed to the hotel along with all the other data that's entered.

Also, what's involved with the SSL part in order to secure the registration form?

Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to pass form data to new page?

Ok, what you need is in fact a multipage form. The first page is the form where they will register, the secong page is a mixed / preview - more info form page. Here, after seing and conferming their registration, they will go on filling in their details, which, at the end, will be sent to you as email.

However, there is another issue here. The SSL certificate makes so that the client's data cannot be seen by anyone else. However, the emails, are NOT sent through secure servers. So i would suggest NOT to have the client's data sent in an email, if they contain cc info. I would suggest you to have a database application on your site (which will allow you, among others, to organise things, and, if you want, to go further, with online verification of the vacancies, etc). Then you can online search reservations, see them, edit, and, ofcourse, either export them on your desktop, as excel file (or word or csv or xml format) or simply print them.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I should give you the site link so you can see what I mean.

http://www.williamsinnhotel.com/testsite/

The form you see there is just the beginning of the registration process. After they fill this part out and click on "submit", I want them to be redirected to the registration page, where the info they already entered (date, # of guests, etc) on the home page will be *******ted in the same fields on the registration page (i don't have a link to it yet). They will then complete the rest of the required info include their name, address, credit card info, etc.

What do I have to do to pass that info from the home page to the registration page. I don't want the registration page to be a preview page - that comes after they hit the "submit" button on the reg. page.

I'm a little lost on the SSL part. I need it set up so that the front desk people at the hotel can easily retrieve the form information from their computer terminal and confirm the booking with the guest....

Comment

As said above, the emails are NOT secure 100% because they do not go through secure servers. However, it is improbable that info from a simple email would be captured. Frauders seek elsewhere for the cc info. Anyway, an SSL is required, for the part where your client makes the online registration.

You have mail.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hmmm....no mail yet. Did you send it to my Yahoo account?

Comment

a couple of minutes, sending again...
            Navaldesign

Comment

No, sent to your @williamsinnhotel.com No Yahoo account in your form submission or your profile page.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Nothing yet. Just send it to jeff_imageworks******.com. Don't care if spammers get this because I alreay get 400+ junk mails a day, all sorted into my spam folder automatically.

Comment

Mail sent
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Edit:

Your emails came through.

Comment

Working...
                    X