Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything else that needs uploading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything else that needs uploading?

Hi everyone,

My first website will be ready for publishing by the end of next week. I was just wondering are the BV created pages everything that should be uploaded to the server?

Do I have to separately upload, for example, an image folder with all photos which were used to make the pages?

I am using some images from a few different folders on my computer and I have noticed that some of them automatically appear in BV image folder but majority are not there. Is this something I should worry about?

This is my very first attempt and I am trying very hard to do it right from the start rather than fixing a mess later down the track.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Agoraphobia Help

Re: Is there anything else that needs uploading?

Here's how I use BV. Maybe right...maybe wrong...but it works for me.
    In my BV main directory/folder I ignore the Images/Templates folder. I then put in a folder with the website name. I do this because I know that I will have more than one website. Anywho, inside that folder I have an Images folder. Inside of that folder I have folders for each web page. I store my images in those corresponding folders. That makes it super easy to find an image when you need it. It may sound like a lot of extra work but, believe me, it will save some hair pulling in the future.
    Of course I save my BV pages in the folder with the website name. All you have to do to make them live is to publish to your public_html folder or the public_html/whatever if it is a subdomain.
    Hope this helps.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Ace of Hearts
      Hi everyone,

My first website will be ready for publishing by the end of next week. I was just wondering are the BV created pages everything that should be uploaded to the server?

The .bvp files you create (the blue voda pages) actually get published to your public_html directory directly from your blue voda web builder. You do not upload these pages to your ftp directory. So you are correct, these are the ones you publish to your server to your public_html directory.

Do I have to separately upload, for example, an image folder with all photos which were used to make the pages?

No these all publish with your webpage that you have made.

I am using some images from a few different folders on my computer and I have noticed that some of them automatically appear in BV image folder but majority are not there. Is this something I should worry about?

Just be careful not to move the images from the current folder they are in now. If you do, when you open your page builder, you will notice the image does not appear, that would be because you have moved the file. Not a big deal though, if you do, your pages already published will remain unharmed, your images will always show because they are in your public_html directory.

This is my very first attempt and I am trying very hard to do it right from the start rather than fixing a mess later down the track.

Good luck, sounds like you are viewing a few tutorials .... remember, what you name a page, save a page and publish a page, is what that page will be called with locating it on the internet. Main page - call it index, all pages should be in small letters and contain no spaces, all other pages can be named to your liking .... the index page will be retrieved via your domain name ... all other pages will be retrieved via yourdomainname/nameofpage.html - you do not add the .html when naming or saving or publishing your pages, the blue voda webbuilder does that for you automatically - but to retrieve them or type the url to link, you must type that .html after ...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
      Cheers & Good Luck to you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

CarbonTerry and LadyEye,

Thank you so much for your time and your help. I really appreciate it.
        So basically as I understand, when I publish my pages through BV builder it will automatically pull out all the images from my computer folders and store them in a folder on BV server. That is great.

And yes, I did watch all the tutorials (some of them few times) and have spent at least 100 hours reading through the posts on this forum.

I just wanted to familiarize myself with all terms and tools before starting any projects. I've been working on my fist site for the last 3 weeks (12 - 15 hours per day) and it is very close to the publishing stage.
        BV is fantastic.

Once again thanks a lot. I wish you all the best.

Cheers
        Agoraphobia Help

Comment

yw Ace of hearts

Good for you!! You'll be ready to roll. You have great work ethics, you will do very well ....

Be sure to post in customer reviews when your site is ready, so we can all take a peak.

I look forward to you joining the rest of us here assisting new builders.

Good Luck!! And yes, you are correct in what you are saying.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I will for sure LadyEye. Thanks.

BTW I am not working on my "fist" side LOL (it should say "first" of course). Typo lol.
            Agoraphobia Help

Comment

Working...
            X