Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browser caching

Hi,

What could be the problem with my working pages at BV if they DO NOT RESPOND OR CHANGE after publishing. The changes show up on the "preview in browser" but not on ISP.

Thanks,

Mindy (www.bubbeesbeads.org)

Re: Not Responding

Mindy,
    A few things could cause it but first I'm addressing your talk of not showing on on the ISP. An ISP is an internet service provider. For example, right now I'm connecting to the internet via Charter Cable company. But I'm surfing the web using Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever browser window I'm opening - the only ISP that I know of that has their own browser window is AOL - so you might mean that. But just a head's up that you've been confusing me when you say you can't see things on your ISP. Am I to take that to mean you can't see them in the browser window after you publish?

If that's the case, make sure you aren't getting the cached page in your computer. Try refreshing the page first. You might need to clean out your cookies and temporary internet files.

You might be publishing the pages to the wrong page name - or have the wrong setting there somewhere - are you publishing to the .com instead of the .org? If it's saying published successfully, it's most likely an error on your end here with the naming or where you're publishing to.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up about the ISP and browser window. Its definitely the browser window i'm referring to. My published page IS visible in the browser preview window. But the changes are NOT visible when I get the window using my browser. I've checked and rechecked the name of the page, i'll try again. Thx, I'll let u know what happens.
      Mindy

Comment

Hi Beth... Its pain in the patoot again........
        I have tried everything I can think of........I have emptied my cache and checked for every dot and comman ......and the problem still the same.

I make changes on the index page, (also happening on the links page) save and publish. The changes show up when I open page via "Preview in browser" But... when I open the page with IE or any other browser the changes are not there.

Any other suggestions.........other than, Mindy keep your hands off (lol)

xoxo

Comment

Bubbee21,
          This happened to me once too. I cleaned the cache, cookies, AND registry. Downloaded Abexo Free Registry Cleaner. I also renamed the pages, then republished them. Another idea is to delete from the file manager, then reload them. It may have been a month or so ago, but seems like two years, so I don't remember which worked.
          I'm thinking when we solve a problem, we should post the "fix" so someone searching later can know how we solved the problem. I've read dozens of threads that ended w/ "OK I've solved the problem!" w/o telling us how. LOL. Frustrating when you go thru a thread looking for answers! Had I done that, you'd have your answer in one of my threads. Sorry :(
          Try some of the above suggestions that you haven't already tried.
          Good luck!
          Debi
          DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

Mindy, you'll always see the changes in the preview - cuz it's showing what there. Can you tell me if you changed anything in the box - does it still say just public_html - cuz we were teaching you how to change that to publish the .com - if you didn't change it back, you're publishing them to the .com

And this is the exact thing you're doing - the pages are there if you look at your address with .com
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Mindy,

Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: browser caching

The problem usually solves itself after a day or two, depending on your browser setings. However, i once spent half an hour facing the same problem (God, i surely was very tired) after 14 hours of work, just to realize that it was by mistake publishing in the wrong place (i have more than one sites, plus 3 - 4 forum members each day asking for help, so i FTP or publish also in their accounts).

So, make sure you are publishing in the correct site / folder.

Also, if your browser is cacheing with your pages, our's isn't. So, place a small size text at the bottom of your page, saying "Last Update ......" and provide us the link, so that we can check if the new page is actually published.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It is not cacheing - she is publishing to the add-on domain instead of to her main domain!
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                    It is not cacheing - she is publishing to the add-on domain instead of to her main domain!
                    hehe! Just thought so!....
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Friends,

You were right all of you! I AM saving and publishing to the .com..........when the public_html shows up it looks like this:
                      public_html/bubbeesbeads. If I understand the situation correctly, when I publish to the .org it should read public_html and when I publish to the .com it should read public_html/bubbeesbeads.
                      Please let me know if that is correct.
                      Thx, Mindy

Comment

Yes, correct. Because your com is an addon, and it's default folder is bubbeesbeads.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X