Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Spam

Hi,
    I just published a website last night with a contact me page that leads to my email. I have no web stats yet, but already I have 8 contact submissions. 7 of them are blank and 1 of them is just a bunch of links to ****** and other spam in the comments section. Is this a worm that's getting into my site? If so, How can I fix this? Thanks!

Re: Form Spam

You need to use a more secure php script to process your form. However, i have no information at all regarding your form or processing script, so i can be of little help. Have a look at Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
    which has some spam security measures built in.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I figured I'd respond rather than start a new thread on the same subject.

My website has a contact form that was created to prevent Spam. I understand that at times spammers will still get you - but I'm in a situation right now where I am getting upwards to 15 SPAM messages per day - ALL through my contact form.

I know it's not any other source because of the subject that is automatic when it's filled out with my form and where it's directed.

Some of the messages say [SPAM] before the subject line to indicate it is for sure spam... but about 75% of them don't have that but are just random URLs and junk that I don't understand.

I'm not that worried, but I wondered if there was something I could/should do to fix this or heighten the security, if anything??
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

You can NOT avoid spammers from manually sending you spam, you CAN avoid spammers sending uou bot spam, you CAN avoid spamers sending you a whole series of links (That's what they usually do).
        Use ABVFP and your problems will be in great part resolved.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks navaldesign! I originally avoided the hassle of going through the ABVFP and used a form made by davidundalicia. It's been working just great up until
          recently - last weekend I came home to find about 20 spam messages in my inbox through my contact form. Now it's just plain annoying.

I'll give this a go and see what I can come up with. I appreciate the help.
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Hester, I have updated my contact form which cuts out those annoying one liners.
            If you want the updated script, contact me
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
              Hester, I have updated my contact form which cuts out those annoying one liners.
              If you want the updated script, contact me
              David,

I sent you a message last night. Thanks for the help!
              George
              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Message received and awaiting your script...............
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                  Message received and awaiting your script...............
                  david,

I sent it to you about an hour ago... you should have it waiting for you.
                  George
                  www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
                  X