Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calendar links

www.successkids.info

I want to put a calendar on my site with a link from each date to another page. For example I have class plans and I want to be able to click on a date and be taken straight to the class plan for that day which has been saved on the server through Blue Voda.

I've looked at a couple of things including zapatec but I'm not real up with the lingo so i'm a bit lost. They said I need to know more about javascript.

Any help pleeease?

Re: calendar links

I understand the concept completely (it seems so simple and commonplace, doesn't it?), but I do not recall a utility that you could tweak to do this. **

You might try perusing at hotscripts.com, or Googling "free calendar scripts" to have a selection to choose from. Be careful, though, about downloading scripts from sites....they often contain ancillary problems!

At the very last resort, you can simply CLONE 365 pages to individually link to the appropritate pages, which can all be easily updated in BV.

** Have you ever considered adding a phpBB Forum to your site.....this can serve 2 functions: you can post your syllabus according to the month (by days also, if you add-in a sub-category MOD); your students can actually have interaction with you according to which forum/topic you establish....rather like problem solving after hours that could be resorceful to others also! A Forum foundation offers many unified possibilities to organize schedules, lessons, updates, interaction, etc The possibilities can be boggling: you can even "post" short videos or tracks to aid your supporting materials, and even email your entire class from the board with important memos!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, there are loads of free ones out there. But I find Goggles or Yahoo’s free calendars are very good with a lot of flexibility. This is one I am trying; there is a link at the bottom to Google. http://www.collectors-info.com/calendar1.html You can also give others permission to edit the calendar as well. When you click on the link, have a look at the Agenda tab. This part may be good for your situation.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Actually, adding a phpBB Forum would be perfect, and there is a way to make it work properly without having to add any MOD's: as Administrator, yo can simply make a Fourm/thread for each month, and individual (numbered) posts in each thread which would that day's schedule. By "locking" it, this schedule would be preserved for secure view by all, and only you would be able to go back in and edit individual posts if needed.

(Installing a "skin" to your phpBB forum is simple enough, and is all you need concern yourself with really)

I personally think it a nifty idea, and my mind is racing with all that you can do with it, even so far as posting Tests, forms, etc. for download, and so much more!

Good Luck!

(Whoops! Sorry I didn't see you behind me, Chris!)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have found the google calendar to be very effective for our uses. The link is:

https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...endar%2Frender

www.cphscelebrities.org

Good luck

Steve
          Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Comment

Working...
          X