Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Ranking - subpages

Hi all,

my site deals with health and weightloss - www.flabfallsoff.com and is hosted by Voda :-

I have a question about subpage ranking. One of the techniques app. of good SEO is to submit lots of articles to online directories etc, so that when they publish them on their site they all point back at you.

Sounds gr8... but I noticed something. The actual site, let's say for sake of argument www.wonderfularticles.com has a page rank of 5. You think: mmmm, I could do with a bit of that, lol. So you submit your article and they okay it. Only problem is that when you look at the page rank of the ACTUAL PAGE that your article appears on, the PR is now nil!

So, my question is: does this make any difference? If it's ON the site somewhere, do the search engines rank it according to the home page's weight, or the weight of the actual page you are found on?

I suppose only the search engine creators know this... coz they app. change their algorithms constantly... but could anyone proffer an answer?

Thanks in advance!

Chao 4 now

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Page Ranking - subpages

The way se's rank anything has lots of variables. Is the article getting exposure? Are people picking up on it and including it on their sites? Writing the article isn't so much about where it is originally published - but also hoping you've written an authoritative article that others will want to use. And by doing so you'll get credit and multiple links with it.

For example, this page has no ranking - but I get credit from Google for the links in my signature on this page. It might not be the same ranking I'd get with a pr 7 or 8 page, but it still counts.

I suggest you not worry too much about pr - but worry about whether you are publishing good product and it's in a good environment - no matter the rank when it comes to the articles.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey Beth,

tks as usual for your wise reply :-

I try to create good content - an excerpt or so from my book - and find that at least in one instance, it was picked up and used by another site, I could see that on my stats page, it popped up from nowhere, lol.

So i'm trying to get my URL out there, I try and submit to 10 article directories every day. If I keep up with that, it should slowly have an effect, I would think...

What do you think of this expensive software that automatically sends out your article to zillions of directories, with no sweat? I cant help thinking that it's too mechanical, and a plodding, careful approach is best... or what say you?

BTW, did you get my email sent to the moxie address? I was just asking for clarity on how to shift elements in BV etc :-

anyway, chao 4 now and tks

Will
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

That expensive software won't do you any good. Just will get you even more spam and make you have to clean your computer after every use.

I did get your email and responded - did you not get my response? I'll go forward it to you again and please let me know if you get it!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X