Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on my hover windows :-

Hi all,

my site is a weightloss site: www.flabfallsoff.com and hosted by Voda...

I dont know if this is the exact correct area for this, coz I'm asking for feedback on an element of my site, not my whole site. But anyway, here goes :)

I want to harvest emails from ppl coming to my site, so I can follow up with a newsletter. As they say, ppl tend to buy only on the 7th exposure to an ad message, so you have to maintain contact with ppl and then they might buy... good old Internet marketing here... lol.

Only thing is that my hover/popups dont seem to be pulling in the crowds! Aweber is outstanding as a provider of these, but so far my popups haven't brought in any ezine subscriptions.

Aweber allows you to have multiple hover ads popping up, with different copy, diff. colors, diff. ways of popping up, the works. SO: I have two popups, one has quite sober and polite copy, in AQUA, and slides in from the top. The other has quite forceful copy, is in RED, and pops up from nowhere. They alternate, and I see on a stats page at Aweber how many ppl clicked on this or the other etc.

So I wonder if anyone could go to my site and give me feedback on the popup that you get? (and you wont be able to see the other one, coz I've set it so that it only appears on a person's computer once) The sort of feedback I'm looking for is: are you annoyed by popups, esp. since these specific ones cannot be blocked? have you signed up for ezines thru this means before? Did the popup you saw on my site make you want to subscribe? If so, why, and if NOT, why not? (also pse tell me which popup you saw - just say red or aqua)

Any feedback along these lines would be appreciated :-

Thanks in advance!

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Feedback on my hover windows :-

I didn't get any at all! Wanted to, because most sites, if I get one, I click off the site - but there are the rare ones that I just click to shut and stay.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Feedback on my hover windows :-

Hey Beth,

tks! U R always the default option for helping out, lol :-

I have been emailing Aweber and so on, and getting somewhere...what I personally find is that both scripts are now loading in FIREFOX, but not in IE... a bit disturbing since 70%+ of my visitors use IE...

Do you use IE? I wonder if IE7 is now blocking even built-in Java popups?

Interesting comment re popups - you get so irritated with them that you kill the site if you see them... I wonder how prevalent that view is? But if one doesnt use popups to harvest emails, then how does one build a subscriber base?

Thanks for your mail - will check it out! I think that getting my site properly optimised is pretty much my most important priority right now.

Tks,

Will
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Working...
      X