Shopping Cart Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart Questions

1. I am designing my small online store with Blue Voda. I am confused about the shopping carts. Is Soholaunch like an add-on the the Blue Voda, or do you just design the whole thing in Soho?

2. Whatever the case may be, I need a shopping cart. How do I know which ones to choose (osComm, cube, zen??). I have looked at all of them and I am just confused.

3. ALSO, Once I have picked the one I want, how do I insert a cart item on my page....or is there another way of doing this! This part is really confusing me! Thanks for the help!

Re: Shopping Cart Confusion!

You will rebuild your store in whichever one you choose. Soho will be the easiest of them. You'll no longer be building in BV. If you want to build in BV - then you have to choose an addon method of shopping cart - like using paypal by itself, or Cart Manager (which I use) or Mal's ecommerce - or others, I'm sure.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

So I can build it in BV (which I think I like the best b/c I can make my own templates) and then cut and paste the paypal shopping cart stuff in there? I tried that, and it is not coming up as a button...will it show as a "add to cart" button when I go live?

Yay, this is slowly coming together and I am excited to build...wish I didn't have to go to my "real" job tmw!

Thanks for helping me Bethers, I have been reading your posts and they have helped so much, your sites also look great. I hope by this weekend I can have something ready!

Comment

If you want to use Paypal, yes, you can cut and paste the buttons into BV. You need to cut and paste it into an html box. Then you should be able to see it in preview - and even click and see it go to paypal.

Thanks for the kind words. And I use BV for the same reason as you.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X