Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another publishing question

Hey,

One more of my many simple questions, well i think this one is simple. Ok my website is www.dansobus.com and as you can see there I have many pages. When i want to change some thing in the Template, i have to republish all of my pages, which the video pages take around 5-10 min.s, which can be quite time consuming and distracting. If there is a way to publish multiple pages at once or even make a change to the template and make it change them all that would be amazingly awesome ^^/

Thanks Wondering users of Blue Voda ^^/

Kasobus

Re: Easier Publishing?

This works really well, especially if you have a universal format to the site. The link to my site below works this way & I have 2 pages to update that changes every menu on the site, & other universal parts. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ght=menu+pages
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

good info from Chris - works great - lots of info available on forum
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

hey again,

I'm gonna explain myself better, first go to www.dansobus.com i have a top picture, words, and on the side i have multiple dropdowns and menubars. When i need to change a link or add a link for one of those drop downs, or move a picture, I then have to change it for all around 18 pages, and publish. Unfortunately i do not have the time/patience to sit there save...publish........save.....publish......... I do see what your saying with the menu bar. Which that didn't work for me, but i am hoping it is possible to make my template, which i did, put it on all the pages, then when i open the template and make a change and save it, it should change all the templates on all the pages. Hopefully i explained it better ^^/ I have had a stressful week, new semester in highschool, all new classes, quite alot on my mind recently. ANY help, suggestions, critique, answers, and anything else i will definately love to have them.

Thanks again,
        Kyle Sobus

Comment

Hi, Navals idea works in 2 parts.
          1. A universal page that you have created & published (photo 1)
          2. Every page that you make after this will have an html box in the background (photo 2) that is linked to that 1st page you published.

So lets say someone clicks on a link for your index page, it links to your index page (Photo 2) & at the same time a link is made to the other page you made for the menus & other universal parts of the site (photo 1) & places them together on the same page. It works in the same way as this post. I typed this message & when you clicked on it you also got the photos from photo bucket.com & this page put them in the same place. So if in 10 days time i changed the photos at photo bucket.com, these images would change, but not the text in the post.
          So the only page you have to update is (photo 1)
          If you have a look at the 2 images, then go here www.collectors-info.com you will see how they come together.

Good luck.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: another publishing question

Ok i think that was the same process just easier to understand and im gonna try that, i understand that perfectly. Thanks so much

Comment

It Worked, I am soooo happy, i didn't want to make more pages until i figured this out and i got it!!!! Thank you sooooo much.

Comment

ok, it worked on the first index page... But then I put the same html on all the other pages, and it does not show up. The other pages are php and the same code. Do i need a different code? or what?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, have you changed all your menu links to a .php format from html?? & made sure the pages were saved as .php
                  As it should bring the php part onto the page ok.
                  If not it may be worth posting the link to the page you are having problems with.
                  Might not be able to get back for a wile its just got to bed time over here.

Cheers.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                    Hi, have you changed all your menu links to a .php format from html?? & made sure the pages were saved as .php
                    As it should bring the php part onto the page ok.
                    If not it may be worth posting the link to the page you are having problems with.
                    Might not be able to get back for a wile its just got to bed time over here.

Cheers.
                    Good call im thinking its the links, they are set to like bp.html
                    Changing now ^^/
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kasobus
                      Good call im thinking its the links, they are set to like bp.html
                      Changing now ^^/
                      Thanks
                      This is great, i deleted my "universal page" yet it still comes up... I couldn't change it or anything, I have a horrible headache with this and am sooo close to giving up, having school and then spending 6 hours straight trying to figure something out everyday makes me just wanna explode... i don't have any idea what is wrong with this thing.... I followed your instructions perfectly and did everything possible and it will not work.

Ugh(headache)... Thanks,

Kasobus

Comment

Check list for .php pages not working.
                        Part 1.
                        1.Have you changed the part in red to the name of your universal menu page?
                        (start of page)/html <? function menu() { ?>

2.This part below placed in the (end of page)/html
                        <?
                        }
                        ?>

All seems to be OK! This part must now be published.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2.
                        Html box that is placed on all pages should look like the code below with the two red parts changed to your menus page details. (Unless you just called it menu)

<?php
                        include ("menu.php");
                        menu();
                        ?>

All seems to be OK! This part must now be published.

I have forgoten to do one of the parts many times., especially the page name in the 2nd part twice.

Good luck.
                        PS. If you are using any type of drop down menu? Just before you save your web pages, right click on the html box & bring to front as you may find the drop downs Disappearing behind an image or text that maybe beelow when you try to open them.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X