Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search engine submission, keywords, Metatags

Search engine submission, keywords, Metatags,
    What does it take! Could someone please look at my html…does my web page have what it takes to contain exposure…did I do it right? What do I have to do? What do I have to change? Thank you.

http://www.moonnations.com/

Re: Search engine submission, keywords, Metatags

Bethers is the local expert on SE.
    For starters, title your pages, index, power, evil aren't the best for SE. Consider something a bit more descriptive followed by your site. Example: "Nippowa Nation Teachings www.yourdomain.com "
    It looks like you don't have any key words, metatags. Make sure you wrote something related to what you do or you represent.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I like what you're about - but you do need to do some work to get the web pages found. I suggest you read a very short (and free) ebook of mine - to give you some pointers - then feel free to ask questions about them - SEO Ebook

I noticed that you have links by the alphabet and none of them work. I'm guessing that is still in progress?

Congrats to you on taking the time to get your private writings out in front of people!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Major General BBethers

I read your e-book SEO -the Basics. Thank you;
        ‘Headlines on your pages’
        “It’s best if you use the h tags when entering headlines,”

I don’t understand??

“Keyword/keyword phrases are being used to search
        for what your website will cover.”

Keywords are they the ones placed in the Meta tag area? But you said in your book that.
        These are no longer used by most search engines. But, since
        some still might use them, fill them in. Remember, only list keywords/phrases
        that you are using on this page.”

Where and how do I enter keywords/phrases so these are different from those in my Meta tag?

I guess you can see that I’m lost could you break it down a bit more for me
        Thank you.

Comment

First, if you have headlines that you want to use, using keywords (discussed after this) they will best be found by search engines if entered on your site using the html box and writing them in html using h tags. I can help you with that.

But before you can do them or page titles -

Keywords and keyword phrases - are the words you need to discover that people would type into google or yahoo or whatever search engine - that would bring them to your website. Maybe for your home page that could be Abstract Short Stories - and that top line could be your headline - and that should then also be the title of your page - only for the page title I'd probably put: Abstract Short Stories by Moon Nation (or Moonnation)

I'm not sure why you don't have Moon Nation as a header on the top of each page - as it's the name of the website right? Why instead do you have Dark Passages twice?

Anyway - you need, on each page - to find the right keywords and keyword phrases that people might use to search that would bring them to you.

Hope this helps.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Major General Bethers

“Maybe for your home page that could be Abstract Short Stories and that top line could be your headline”

As you can see I changed the second “dark Passage” as you suggested to Moon Nation as a header on the top of each page, I like it. Thank you. Now you said that Abstract Short Stories should be my top headline?

Where does that go at, and how do I do it? Does that go into my page html, and is that where I right click in BV? And click on page html?

Comment

Well, first you need to fix Moon Nation - as you have put it on two lines and it is on top of the other text there. You don't want that :)

If you want Abstract Short Stories and Phrases for the headline, keep it, for now, where it is and click on the html box (it's on the left, top of the icons in BV) go over and make this box a size to fit over that sentence - height and width. Then double click on it to open it - and click on properties. Inside there you want to copy and paste:
              <center><h1>Abstract Short Stories and Phrases</h1></center>

Close the properties. Now right click on the html box and move it to back. When you do that, the original line will be on top of it. Now you want to delete that text box and all it it. Preview the page and see if this gives you the headline right where it belongs and with the right size text. We might have to change that coding a bit to size the text, but you're using a large size, so this might be fine without.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I believe I followed your word to the letter but where do I look for this headline, please forgive my lack of comprehension.
                I hope that “Moon Nation” has straightened out?
                Thank you for your patience’s

Comment

The title of your index page still says "Index".

Your Moon Nation still has the words stacked on top of each other...

RRaphael, keep going.....the more you do it the more you will begin to understand. Re read what Bthers has typed.
                  Affordable Medical Insurance
                  Discount Dental Plan
                  Washington State Health Insurance
                  Temporary Health Insurance
                  Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Is it stacked on every page?

I will work on it thanks

Comment

Yes it is. I don't kniow if you intended for it to be stacked but it is. If it looks OK when you preeview it you may want to make the size of the text box that contains Moon Nations longer so that when people are viewing in different browsers the autoomatic rezizingf that can happen doesn't affect your text.
                      Discount Dental Plan

Comment

“If you want Abstract Short Stories and Phrases for the headline, keep it, for now, where it is and click on the html box (it's on the left, top of the icons in BV) go over and make this box a size to fit over that sentence - height and width. Then double click on it to open it - and click on properties. Inside there you want to copy and paste:
                        <center><h1>Abstract Short Stories and Phrases</h1></center>”

“Close the properties. Now right click on the html box and move it to back. When you do that, the original line will be on top of it. Now you want to delete that text box”

When I did this “Abstract Short Stories and Phrases” pasted into the html box and I continued and clicked out of it but I can not see any difference, I can still see my “index” at the top?

When I did this “Abstract Short Stories and Phrases” disappeared from my page? But I still have them on my other pages.

I did reset my header hopefully its not over lapping

Comment

We are talking different things. I was teaching you how to put the headline on the page - in the same place it was - but giving in a tag to tell the search engines that it is a headline. You must have put an empty html box on the page - what I gave you with the coding - gets placed in the properties part of the box - the html box has to be showing on your Blue Voda page.

Now, for the page Title - where is says index now - that you change in the page properties - right click outside of the page - and the properties will come up. One of them is title - that's what you want to change to have the top part change.

And the header is now good.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I guess I missed understood you but I corrected my mishap and did set it into properties but my question is if I go to “view source” on my page am I suppose to see it among the entire HTML? Hope I’m explaining myself? How can I tell that I did it correctly?
                            Another question at the top where my “index” is at…is that suppose to change or is that suppose to stay that way?

Comment

the top of the page where it says "index" should change. Bethers gave the description on how and where to do this. Make sure you save the document too.

When you preview your HTML code you will see towards the top of the code this:
                              <TITLE>
                              <META name="AUTHOR" content=
                              <META name="KEYWORDS" content=
                              <META name="DESCRIPTION" content=
                              <META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">

This is where the edited meta data will appear in your HTML code

Right now your title on your page says "index"..
                              Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Working...
                              X