Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using mySQL tables to fill pages on my site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using mySQL tables to fill pages on my site.

Hello, I have been working on a online form for professsors to fill out at our local college to put the syllabus info on. They would hopefully fill out the blanks and then it would show them the formatted syllabus and they could print it out. I've got the forms and tables. How do I get the db to interact with a page?

Thanks for your help
    Vince Pendley

http://www.wildcatcountryonnicholasville.com

Re: Using mySQL tables to fill pages on my site.

Youneed a custom made script in php to do that. If you wish, visit Forms and DB Applications scripting Services
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval -

Is mySQL the best way to create consistent tables on a page? If so, is there a tutorial?

Here is a sample page that I would use this for:
      http://www.onlinedegreechannel.com/o...-training.html

Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the database to switch the individual entries on and off and to have the table on the page respond dynamically, without my having to manually adjust tables on the page. Is this possible?

Also, is it possible to have the table rows width respond dynamically to the amount of text input into the database? eg some rows might need 5 lines of text, while others would need 10.

Thanks very much!
      tp22

Comment

Yes, MySQL is the best way. No tutorial here though.

Yes, table rows can be dunamicaly (it is done automatically, no special effort to acheive that) to the amount of content in one of the cels.

There is no tutorial here, but there are many on the net. Do a google search

However, the tables are almost pure html. Only the cell content makes use of php to echo the necessary text. Also the images are retreived from the database, but you are going to need a sub-script to retreive the image file from the database,automatically resize it to the appropriate dimensions and display it, as i do in my search directory scripts.

Make a submission from my contact form. You will receive a html autoresponder message. If you use a comments text long enough, you will see how the table (it's in a table) automatically resizes the row.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your instant response Naval, extremely helpful. I see I have a lot of learning to do... I will search the web to get started. Thank you very much!

Any other replies are also welcome! Thanks all...

tp22

Comment

Working...
          X