X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV shape question

Hi,

A strange thing is happening with two shapes on affordableweb.biz

I have a white rectangular shape,with a 1 pixel green border, on the background of the index page(full address
    http://www.affordableweb.biz) and I have a white curved (x20) rectangular shape with a blue border x 2 pixel on a page called "windmill" (full address http://www.affordableweb.biz/windmill.html

The problem is when I publish either page then the shape for the page published will be in the page that I have not published and when I publish that page vice versa.

Its as if I have the shapes named the same but this cannot be as they are both blue voda shapes.

Would you take a look at this phenomenon and advise me on how to correct it.I have left it at the page published being "windmill" which means that the shape on the index page is wrong.

Thanking you in advance.

Re: BV shape question

You may wanna double check image source, since you are using BV sw to create both pages, most likely you may mix without knowing. It happened to me.

all the best.
    jahnSELE

Comment

Hi bevilleliam

Here is the reason and the simplest solution .... Quoted from Naval Design himself .......

Saving as preserves the names that BV attributes to menubar button images and to shapes. So you have two (or more) pages that have one or more elements, that when published, will have the same name on the server. So if you change the color of the shape in one page, it will also be changed in other pages too.

Solution: create your pages with the SAve As, no problem. But, after you create the new page, if you have to change the color to a shape that is also in the original page, follow this procedure: select the shape, Copy it, Delete it, and then Paste it back to the page using the Paste Icon (not the right click icon). This, will place your shape in the page, in the excact same position where it was before. But, it will have (for BV) a new name, and you can change it's colour without problems.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
        Hi bevilleliam

Here is the reason and the simplest solution .... Quoted from Naval Design himself .......

Saving as preserves the names that BV attributes to menubar button images and to shapes. So you have two (or more) pages that have one or more elements, that when published, will have the same name on the server. So if you change the color of the shape in one page, it will also be changed in other pages too.

Solution: create your pages with the SAve As, no problem. But, after you create the new page, if you have to change the color to a shape that is also in the original page, follow this procedure: select the shape, Copy it, Delete it, and then Paste it back to the page using the Paste Icon (not the right click icon). This, will place your shape in the page, in the excact same position where it was before. But, it will have (for BV) a new name, and you can change it's colour without problems.
        Excellent idea.Why didn't I think of that myself.Trust Naval Design to have all the answers heh.....Thank you and I will do as per your instructions as soon as I can get around to it and I will post the results.

Again thanks.

Comment

yw and just to show you how helpful I can be ....

Here is your very own "RoundTuit"

Hope this helps again .....

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X