Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iframe problem and more...

www.redtractorfarm.com/seminarphotos.html
    Completely new to this so bare with me please..
    I want my thumbnails to open in an iframe and had it up and working yesterday but must have done something wrong and nuked it. My home page is currently directed to www.redtractorfarm.com/seminars.html until I get it back the way I want it - I much prefer the sophisticated look the Iframe provides. So, if someone can help me with this first then I want to attempt to figure out why I get a invalid file box everytime I try to preview in BV yet I am publishing?
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Iframe problem and more...

Hoping to get someone's attention, am I in the right catagory?
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

I had a problem like this myself when i was used BV. I noticed though that when i published the page the pictures were fine and in your case this seems to be the same as all pictures in your thumbnails are present and there are no invalid boxes to be seen anywhere. Another thing you could try is just pressing your f5 button a few times to clear the cache as it could be your browser caching. HTH
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

The "unexpected file format" box hasn't worried me much as I am publishing successfully. BUT I need to figure out why my thumbnails are no longer opening in the Iframe? I figured out to do this through an old post of Navaldesign's - and it did work at one point...
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

-name the I-Frame
          -create link to picture
          -MAKE SURE THAT "TARGET" IS THE NAME OF THE I-FRAME.

That should work.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Your Iframe works ok. BUT, i think, you have placed OVER the iframe the pic1 picture, which is supposed to open as default in the frame it self. So, covering the I frame, you can't see that the iframe content changes when you click on the thumbnails.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, that was the problem - can't believe I hadn't thought of that. Now the page is working fine EXCEPT that the opening photo in the iframe is not positioned correctly. Any suggestions?
              www.redtractorfarm.com/seminars.html
              I have another question: what is the best way to send people to other sites through links and have it easy for them to return to my page? Is it better to open the link in a new window or in the same window? Can I open pages from my drop down menus without opening a new window? I want our site to have many links to others on our island but I don't want to lose them in a labrynth of windows. Thanks so much for your help ND.
              Marcie
              www.redtractorfarm.com
              www.iloveacorns.com
              www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

You can have links opened as you wish, in the same or a new window. If they are external links, to third party sites, i beleive that you should make them _blank (open in new window) so as soon as they close that, your site will still appear.

As for centering the pictures, there is only one solution (using only BV. If you used php it would be possible in other ways): the iframe should NOT link directly to the pictures. Create, for every picture, a new page, with the same dimensions of the iframe. Place a rectangle with excact iframe dimensions in the page, to guide you. You can also add a background color. Place the original picture in this page, with the desired dimensions, and center it in the rectangle. Delete the rectangle and publish the page.
                Link the thumbnails to these pages instead of the image files.

Have a look at Photogallery in I-Frame and at this example that uses this method: http://www.navaldesign.info/Linda/lindasindex.html
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Actually, this is the method I used for getting the photos to the iframe - I had followed directions on the same the link you sent. However, I did not delete the box before I published the phose so maybe that is what is causing the first photo to be off. I'll start playing with it again. Thanks.M
                  Marcie
                  www.redtractorfarm.com
                  www.iloveacorns.com
                  www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Originally posted by marciemayer
                    Actually, this is the method I used for getting the photos to the iframe - I had followed directions on the same the link you sent. However, I did not delete the box before I published the phose so maybe that is what is causing the first photo to be off. I'll start playing with it again. Thanks.M
                    OK, solved that problem (wrong tag on the photoframe). Now...I've published a new version of my home page, named it index, pumped away at F5 to clear my browser and it's still not coming up as
                    www.redtractorfarm.com
                    only shows at www.redtractorfarm.com/home.html. Please help....M
                    Marcie
                    www.redtractorfarm.com
                    www.iloveacorns.com
                    www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
                    X