Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using file manager

Hello Forum,

With all of the files someone may have under public_html......can you create
    new folders and for an example put all of your images that are in public_html into the new folder to keep all of your files organized better. I created a new folder and named it images. I then clicked on an image and clicked on "move file" and found the new image folder that I created and seemed to have put the image in the folder but when I refreshed, it was still in public_html and not public_html_images Thanks for your help!

Elevate Your Music
    HipHopTraxx
    Blue Diamond Marketing

Hi wgreene

What you did so far is correct, however when it prompted you to select the folder to move the file to, did you click on the folder icon or the link?
    Make sure you click on the link of the folder that you want to move the file to before refreshing your page.
    Ruth

http://www.okose.com
    Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Control Panel

Originally posted by rdarko
      Hi wgreene

What you did so far is correct, however when it prompted you to select the folder to move the file to, did you click on the folder icon or the link?
      Make sure you click on the link of the folder that you want to move the file to before refreshing your page.
      Thank you for your suggestion!!

Elevate Your Music
      HipHopTraxx
      Blue Diamond Marketing

Comment

Re: using file manager

I am an novice.. I am working my way through the Getting Started Wizzard. I says I can access it on my main screen of my interface through the (pic of a file) File Manager area. I can't find this interface or the icon mentioned. Can you help me?

Comment

You seem to be overcomplicating things quite a bit, and have mistakenly followed a snippet of well-intentioned advice beyond reasonableness:

* If you are using Blue Voda to create your web site/pages, you need not create an individual "folder" in any way shape, or form within your public_html directory via your Control Panel: Blue Voda automatically does that for you as a means of normal operation, and maintains this organization within the program itself -- not the Account Directory.
          Additionally, using your VodaHost account to archive or store data, images, and other files is not permissable and is a clear violation of Terms of Service (sec. 2.3)

* If you are trying to "organize" your account (a technique only worthwhile if you have many websites or many hundreds of images to keep in order) as would an experienced web designer or larger client, then obviously you are in over your head --- I am only guessing here, but since you are struggling with simple procedures in your Control Panel as well as the logic behind the online concept, this surely is not something you wish to do only to totally mess up the natural structure of your account!

* If you are not using Blue Voda but instead another tool (such as Dreamweaver, Fusion, etc.) then again, the level of expertise using that particular software should have already prepared you to use a basic understanding to accomplish a task such as this: it may be time to go back to square one to re-think things.

Please evaluate every "suggestion" and "technique" carefully prior to emulating, as it may not apply to your unique situation or personal ability to implement as discussed!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by ajessieg View Post
            I am an novice.. I am working my way through the Getting Started Wizzard. I says I can access it on my main screen of my interface through the (pic of a file) File Manager area. I can't find this interface or the icon mentioned. Can you help me?
            Please click the below for a tutorial(s) on this topic.

VodaHost.com tutorial about how to use the control panel of your hosting account.

Please watch tutorial(s) # 14

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Why can I NOT view a file's contents? I need to change a password within that file. I highlight the file by checking the box next to it, hit "VIEW" and nothing happens. Please let me know as soon as possible.

matt

Comment

Hi,

Use your Blue Ftp to move and delete files.
                It is faster and simpler.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

mahls
                  I'm confused by your statement, "I highlight the file by checking the box next to it,...".
                  What program are you in when you do that?

If you login to your cpanel; click "filemanager"; click on "public_html" folder icon; click on the file you want to change and it will appear in the upper right of the window. There will be a list of tasks you can perform there; click "edit" if you want to change something in that file and "save" at the bottom.

NOTE: Next time you publish that file from BV, (if it is a web page), the original password will be reinstalled!
                  Last edited by judavvforum; 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: removed extra text

Comment

Working...
                  X