Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scary stuff - would love your opinions on my first VH website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary stuff - would love your opinions on my first VH website!

Hi everyone
    I am terrfied but would love your opionions and particularly any criticisms backed up by suggestion so how to fix/improve. Here goes my website is www.mummymeansbusiness.com.

I am trembling with nerves.
    Best Regards Dani

Re: Scary stuff - would love your opinions on my first VH website!

Hi Dani,
    You have a lot of spelling and grammatical errors... too many to list. Your best bet is to have someone with fresh eyes look at your copy on all pages and correct this for you.
    Centering your pages will look better than having the margin set to left. You can change this in the page properties box, but it must be changed and published on every single page. Your links seem to be working okay...
    You have a good start!
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Good work,
      Ditto on spelling, example "truely" is "truly"
      -Consider doing away with the CAPS, between that and the highlight, the page is "loud"
      -Repeating the Home and Bookmark links might be superluous.
      -Not sold on the links and the pop up windows. Most users will be turned off by that.
      -Change your page titles. "Home" doesn't cut it with SE.
      Other than that it looks good and the colors are cheerful.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

First thing I noticed - is I started reading the text and it says:
        "My name is Dani, the picture on the left" - and I looked to the left and there is no picture there. There is a picture to the right tho -

Also, you have used all caps way too much - as doing that is considered shouting on the internet - and no one likes to be yelled at. Especially when you've already emphasized those lines buy the yellow backgrounds.

Along with the typos and grammar errors, I read the page on the first opportunity - and no where did I find out anything about what type of opportunity it is - not enough to make me click anything or submit anything.

Also, you say you've used all the methods. Please, tell me you really have - and that you aren't just saying that to get others to. I'm a stickler for truth in advertising :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

It looks good. Some of the colours are easy on the eyes, the change in text is a good break.

Watch out for the spelling and some of the spacing in your text.. some things I noticed were:

"seperate the wheat from the chaff"

"upto £200"

"do my absolute upmost to help"

Keep up the good work, and good luck.
          Cardcaddie.ca - Who's handing out YOUR business cards?

Comment

Hi there am busy implementing all the suggested changes - thank you for your input everyone. Yes Bethers everything in my website is completely truthful you would not believe how much money and time I wssted on work from home programs that were not worth the paper they were printed on!! Even if this website does not generate any income I will just be happy if no one else is scammed.
            Best regards Dani

Comment

I agree with all statements but when i saw your website title i figured heck i'll check it out "Mummy Means Business"

but when i got there i saw mothers with babes or something.

I went and checked out your website from their eyes but lets say i have a huge facination about mummies or mummy, and i typed in the search engines and there is your website listed in the mummy or mummies section i click on it and then get irrate due to website doen't pertain to mummy or mummies so i email you and complain about the title being mislead because it was about mothers not egyptian mummification, see what i mean i know in some parts of the world uses different words on mothers or moms like in England they use the term "Mum" as to saying Mom.

see what i'm saying?
              sorry but i look at titles and all from their eyes.
              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                -Not sold on the links and the pop up windows. Most users will be turned off by that.
                Hi Bill please can you let me know what you do not like about the links and why you are turned off so I can improve on it. Many thanks for all your comments and I will be taking them all onboard to improve my website.
                Many thanks
                Dani

Comment

I don't think he meant anything bad Dani about the links and popups i have checked out your site and don't see any popups yet...but maybe he might have been talking about the transitions on your pages cause sometimes with transitions they intend to slow down and most or majority of the people wants to go straight to the next page without transitions effects.

also i checked out the e lottery page you done well looks very good damn shame it couldn't be applied here in the untied states but i can't see paying someone to be an affiliate or maybe i'm reading it the wrong way.
                  "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                  X