SEO help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO help

I am a total idiot with a computer, and it mystifies my mind how I actually got this far with my webpage. It is published but not search engine friendly by the look of it.
    I did follow another thread, but made no sense of it. By the drift of that it looks like I must set headlines to name but one and that is the crunch - how to do it?. I have no idea what a html is, or how to go about it. At my age one does not take to technology kindly...

My webpage do have some errors that I will fix soon (some pages are still untitled and keyword problems)

Due to my "computer handicap" I tried to kept my site as simple and informative as possible and are open for suggestions.

Can anyone out there help me please?

Re: SEO help

I did find some errors on your pages but if I understand ou question, you want your site to be more search engine friendly...

The first thing is you need to make sure that all of your pages have good titles. Your index page is titled as "SteelBoatBuilder" and the words should all be separated with just one space. The title of your pages is the first thing that the search engines see when they visit your site. It was like a headline in a newspaper sort of....Each page should have a different page title (right click on your page, select "Properties"). You'll see the title section there and then there are tabs across the top for "Meta Tags". This is where you place the key words that describe what that particular page is about. Use about 8-20 words here separated by commas (steel boats, steel boat hulls, boat building etc...)
    Also your description should describe what is just on each individual page
    (ex. Index page description- Steel boat builder information and tips on why you should consider building a steel boat). Your page about decks would include a description about decks on steel boats...etc

For someone who doesn't claim to very computer savvy you did a great job!
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Thanks motoxxx. Done that.

Actually, I preferred the KISS principle for my website and hope that it is very informative, simple and without distractions.
      However, I cannot believe that I got a webpage together and running - I really am that stupid with computers and technology. I think the praise must go to BlueVoda for their easy to use software and tutorials....

Comment

I think you are doing just fine. This is a cool thing about this place....I just browsed your site and I learned about something I would have never sought out on my own....Keep with it and enjoy the learning!
        Affordable Medical Insurance
        Discount Dental Plan
        Washington State Health Insurance
        Temporary Health Insurance
        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
        X