Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading 'bin file'

www.kengar.com
    I get the message, 'please check bin file is uploaded and readable' instead of my content. How do I move that file and where do I put it? ( have the file in voda, jst need to move it 'someplace.)
    Thanks.

Tried moving it in to the CGI bin but that changes nothing. Anything else I could try? The prog I'm trying to load contains a java *****t, HTML code and this 'bin' file. Java is ok, the HTML I managed but this bin file is sat waiting to be moved....to where?

The FG2 is my name for the file. It relates to that particular puzzle. Tried alsorts to get it running....bad head day today.

Re: Uploading 'bin file'

Read your script instructions as for the where it should be. I beleive in the same folder where you have installed the script.

Permissions should be 644 (that's what readable means)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It says to upload it to the same place as the HTML, I'm loading HTML via the HTML box in Bluevoda, but there isn't an option to load the bin file there. Do I open the FTP manager and simply copy it across? Shouldn't it be somehow linked to my puzzle?

Comment

If it says to upload, why would you put it in a html box ? you need to upload it in your public_html using BlueFTP or file manager.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'll certainly try that.
          Of interest; I create the puzzle using the programme, I save it and I'm told 'the web page has been created' and I can view a perfect puzzle by clicking 'view' in the programme, but I can't see where those files reside so can't link it to my BlueFTP.
          Anyway, I'll certainly scoure the FTP list to see if that's where the files are, although how would it know to drop them there?

Comment

Use an i frame in your BV page, and link it to the crossword page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for that. Tried it and informed my browser doesn't support I frames. Hoe do I alter that setting?

Comment

Which browser do you have ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

IE6 but BVoda seems to like MSN...........I'm sure I managed to put this prog in last year a lot easier than this. The page seems to tell me the problem, I just don't know how to resolve it.
                  www.kengar.com
                  Thanks, Nav'....I wonder you have any hair left!

Comment

It is not a BV issue. And IE6 by default supports I frames. Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/Italiano...ull_nr_06.html

Can you see the pictures ? If yes, your browser supports i frames.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I see the assembly of the stern of a trawler....OK I have I frames but opening that option in BVoda it tells me my browser doesn't support it. How can I make sure IE6 runs and not MSN because MSN is where I am now answering this...and also where I clicked your link.

Comment

Copy from BVoda page..
                        Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.

Comment

If you can see the pictures, your browser supports iframes. What do you mean "opening that option in BV ... ?" If you double click on the i frame, that text appears as default. It is the alt text that a visitor will see if HIS BROWSER doesn't support i frames.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Well, when I click on the I icon in BV I get a box. When I click on the box I get the message above.
                            Just what does that line of text on my site ask of me?

Comment

It doesn't ask you anything. It simply allowes you to change the text that will appear if a visitor's browser doesn't support i frames. Please understand that you are ok.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X