Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engine recognition - next step

Dear BV,

I have read many of the SEO threads, the Bethers SEO Basics book, used the widexl tool and think that my site has been optimized. www.careforallages.com

However, I'm a bit confused on the options for getting my site recognized by the major search engines.

For example, is it a requirement to purchase the BV SE submission service or something similar to have my site recognized?

If I purchase the one-time submission, does this mean that my site would be dropped after 1 year?

If I do nothing more, would my site eventually be recognized my the major search engines?

I looked at a number of other sites that index Assisted Living facilities, and each of these organization are asking for another $100 per year just to have them link to my site. This is quickly getting much more expensive than I anticipated.

I feel like I'm missing some fundamentals and would be grateful for any additional information on how SE recognition works.

Thank you,

cc

Re: Search Engine recognition - next step

CC

No.. You dont have to purchase submission services to get listed in the SE. You can go to them and submit your site yourself free of charge. When you post links to it, they will find you. No you would NOT be dropped after one year. If you do nothing they wont spider you as often.. so you should be doing SOMETHING even if its link trading or provided and writing articles about senior living to your site..

Your meta tag for keywords is a little off..
    <META name="KEYWORDS" content="assisted living, assisted living green bay, adult care green bay, retirement, retirement home, cbrf, care for all ages, adult living, adult care, senior housing, long-term residency, temporary residency, personal care, retirement residence
    ">

See all the ones I did in red? None of those terms really appear in your text to your page. Your title isnt repeated or used in your pages, so its not representing your KEYWORDS. If those words dont appear on that exact page .. then dont use them. If you want to use them.. then include them in good key word rich context. You can also LINK your text to inner pages as well as the navigation. This way you are insuring the SE will follow to your inner pages.

Hope this helps you to understand a little clearer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen! This is very helpful.

I will clean up the keywords and/or enrich the text to include those that are critical.

Regards,
      cc

Comment

I just typed a long answer, and my puter rebooted on me :(

OK, just wanted to let you know - Google has already spidered your home page. Yahoo and MSN have not. But having your url in messages like this one - will most likely get you spidered fairly soon. So these posts are a good thing.

The type of business you are, you should be able to get incoming links farily easily. I would think that you are a member of your local Chamber of Commerce? I'm sure they add links to local businesses. Make sure yours is added. Same for any other local organizations you belong to.

If any of the other members have businesses that relate to yours - ask if they would be willing to put a link to your site on theirs. You may, in these cases, have to reciprocate. (You do not have to reciprocate in cases of the Chambers, city sites, Lion's Club, Rotary, etc - that's a service they provide).

And ask more questions if Karen and I didn't cover as much as you'd like -
        or you can email me also.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Bethers. I will contact the local groups.

I appreciate your help,
          cc

Comment

Bethers I just hate that when that happens!

I had surgery on my arm last month and had type some realy long proposals and posts and about 20 times my cast on my arm deleted my typing.....

CC. I have several health insurance and long term care related sites and I would be happy to give you a link or two.
            Affordable Medical Insurance
            Discount Dental Plan
            Washington State Health Insurance
            Temporary Health Insurance
            Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Karen, what can i use to check my meta tag keywords to my content? I understand that keywords are important if they go along with your text. Did you use a program to bold those words in red?

Best Regards,
              Alex
              Surveillance Systems
              Restaurant POS | Retail POS
              Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Working...
              X