Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Assistance

Hi,
    I have a silly question: What is MySQL server?

I am trying to set up LinkMetro link directory PHP scripts on my site: www.catbehaviortraining.com. I created MySQL database as per video instructions, uploaded link folder from LinkMetro and now am stuck. Here are their instructions:

1. Upload this entire "links" folder to your public_html folder or your main web directory on your server.

2. Change the permissions on the following files or folders to "777" (Read/Write permission)
    - The "links" folder
    - The config.php file (links/admin/config.php)

3. Create a new database on your server and keep note of the:
    - mySQL server name
    - mySQL username
    - mySQL password
    You will need this information later.
    Typically you can easily create a database on your server by logging into your webhost's control panel. Each
    control panel is different, so you'll need to contact your webhost if you don't know how to create a database
    within your control panel.

4. Run the install.php file by opening up your web browser and typing this URL into it:
    (substitute 'www.yourdomain.com' with the actual domain name of your web site)
    http://www.yourdomain.com/links/admin/install.php
    Note: You may see a few warning messages at the top of the screen once you run the script, but just ignore those.

5. Fill out all of the textboxes with the appropriate information.
    - mySQL server: This is the server name for the database you created in step 3 above.
    - mySQL username: This is the username for the database your created in step 3 above.
    - mySQL password: This is the password for the database your created in step 3 above.

After you have filled out the above fields, click 'Connect' and you will be taken to the next step.

- Database: Select the first radio button titled "Use existing database". And select the database name that you created
    in step 3 above.
    - Table names prefix: Leave this set to the default text
    - Template path: Leave this set to the default text
    - Admin username: Enter a username that you will use when logging into your links manager screen. Just use the same
    username as you use for your LinkMetro account.
    - Admin password: Enter a password that you will use when logging into your links manager screen. Just use the same
    password as you use for your LinkMetro account.

6. Click create database

7. If all is ok, and after deleting the install.php file, click on the link at the bottom of the page. After making
    sure the settings on this screen are correct, click on the "Save" button to create the directory pages.

I tried to fill almost everything in mySQL field but always get error report that it cannot connect to mySQL for various reasons. username
    and password is correct. What should i do?

Re: MySQL server??? Heeeelp!

- mySQL server name = localhost
    - mySQL username = CPusername_username you created
    - mySQL password = the password you gave during db creation

also

-mySQL database = CPusername_Databasename you created.

Another reason for not connecting, could be that you have created the user, but you might have not added him to the specific database.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much, it did connect. So i did everything according instruction and linked my site but when you click on Cat Behavior Links on my www.catbehaviortraining.com site it goes to a page with a link: Click here to add your link to our directory and when you click on it it gives an error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@catbehaviortraining.findaloop.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
      More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I must have done something wrong with creating mySQL or something. Aaaargh. What now???

Comment

No MySQL error. This is a typical error with a file or a folder permissions. Check your files permissions
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Check the permissions of the file linkdirectory/add_link.php and those of the entire linkdirectory folder.
          Navaldesign

Comment

I checked the permissions and they were exactly according to instruction:change permissions to 777
            - The "links" folder (I renamed this folder to linkdirectory)
            - The config.php file (links/admin/config.php)

Then I changed permissions in file linkdirectory/add_link.php and changed to 777 (althought they don't say that in directions). Still the same error message. And i forgot the permission number on add_link.php folder as well so i cannot set it back to what it was. I guess i totally messed it up!

Comment

Try placing it back to 644. Anyway, the problem is during opening the file add_link.php. But, it might NOT be the file itself, but another file called with an "include" or a "require" comand from this one. Can't say more from a distance.
              Navaldesign

Comment

thanks for your replies, i really appreciate it. Do you know who could sort this out? or what do you need to have a closer look ?

Comment

please visit www.dbtechnosystems.com and contact me privately.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

thanks, i will do that.

Comment

Re: MySQL Assistance

I just checked my links this morning and it seems to work now (I didn't change anything cause i was tired and fed up last night). Maybe it takes some time for things to run?

Comment

Need to ask a dumb question for FMP install...

a) Enter your username, email address and password in corresponding fields;

b) Reenter your password to confirm it in the "Confirm password" field;

c) Enter your MySQL database full path in the "MySQL host" field;

e) Enter your MySQL database login and password in corresponding fields;

f) Enter your MySQL database name in the "MySQL database name" field;

I assume the username is my username for cp etc?

Same for password?

Full path for "MYSQL" in host fields? Whats the full path?

The DB Login and password I get because I just created it...

Database name I get as well.

The question is were do I get the full path for Host field? And is the MYSQL username and password the same as my cp username and password?

Regards,

BB

Comment

Originally posted by twenty8ightinc

Same for password?
                          Correct, unless you set a different password for the database, in which case you'd use it.

Just use 'localhost'.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

a) Enter your username, email address and password in corresponding fields;

b) Reenter your password to confirm it in the "Confirm password" field;

username is the username that YOU define for FMP. It can be or NOT be your cp username, that's your choice. I prefer NOT to use the same password as for CP, but that's just personal.

c) Enter your MySQL database full path in the "MySQL host" field;

As Race said, "localost"

e) Enter your MySQL database login and password in corresponding fields;

f) Enter your MySQL database name in the "MySQL database name" field;

Please note that Database username is preceded by your CP username, as well as yuor database name. If you have created a user named "john001" the actual username will be "cpusername_john001" . The same goes for the database name: if you created a database called "FMP", the actual database name will be "cpusername_FMP"

Same for password? Yes, the password is exactly as you have created it.

The question is were do I get the full path for Host field? And is the MYSQL username and password the same as my cp username and password? No, as said above.

Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X