awstats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awstats

Aloha, I looks at my stats for January and it says that I have 299 hits that looked at my site for 30 seconds or less. How can I make my site more appealing so that people will stay longer? I have included more content that I think should be interesting to some. I wrote my first article. I have started a blog but I haven't connected it yet. Can anyone give me suggestions by looking at my site? Thanks for your time!

*****, I am taking your advice and signing up for the Internet Marketing class.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: awstats

80% of people will not stay on a website longer than 30 seconds. You actually have about 5-8 seconds to capture someones attention or interest.

Think of yourself when you surf. Say you are looking for something in particular - maybe women's leather jackets, for example. You search and start clicking on the results. You see women's motorcycle jackets on the first store - that's not what you want - you're probably off in a couple seconds to try the next. That's what happens. You'll never keep all the people on the site. What you want to look at - is where were they coming from. Is the term very general and therefore, this will be more common? If it's a very specific term they searched with, and they left in that time, then you need to address it.

You'll see that also because they might come to you on a more general
    travel term - and be looking for travel accommodations or hotels, etc.

By the way - you're not going to get sales if you aren't asking for them. Your golf page is very good - but no where on the page itself are you cross-selling your ebook - At least add the same icon you have at the bottom of the home page to all these other pages. And I think you did a good job with the material on this page. But never forget what you're all about - and that's selling the ebook.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: awstats

Thanks, Beth, I appreciate your support and your advice. How do I find out where my surfers have come from?
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
      X