Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple domain e-mail addresses under one hosting account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple domain e-mail addresses under one hosting account.

Here is what I have.

2 hosting accounts. I will call them domain1.com and domain2.com.

for domain1.com all I really use the account for is for e-mail. I have 5 different e-mail accounts on domain1.com.

I would like to cancel the domain1.com account and receive all the e-mail on the domain2.com account and still use the domain1 domain name.

So, how do I do this with cpanel? Is it even possible?

Do I create a parked domain using domain1.com using the domain2.com cpanel then once that is done create my email addresses using the domain1.com domain name?

If that is the way to do it, then I cancel my domain1.com hosting account and then I should be able to retreive mail using either webmail or pop/imap correct?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiple domain e-mail addresses under one hosting account.

Originally posted by amickert
    Here is what I have.

2 hosting accounts. I will call them domain1.com and domain2.com.

for domain1.com all I really use the account for is for e-mail. I have 5 different e-mail accounts on domain1.com.

I would like to cancel the domain1.com account and receive all the e-mail on the domain2.com account and still use the domain1 domain name.

So, how do I do this with cpanel? Is it even possible?

Yes, it is possible.

Do I create a parked domain using domain1.com using the domain2.com cpanel then once that is done create my email addresses using the domain1.com domain name?

Simply go to your C-Panel of Domain2 and 'add-on' the domain1 name. You will also need tp point your DNS to the relevant server. This can be done through the ModernBill utility: http://www.vodahost.com/modernbill/

If that is the way to do it, then I cancel my domain1.com hosting account and then I should be able to retreive mail using either webmail or pop/imap correct?

Thanks in advance.
    I THINK this is correct but I am sure someone will correct me if I have given you duff advice. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X