Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me how I can make my photos do this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me how I can make my photos do this??

I would like to create something like this (please visit this link for a sample of what I am wanting to build) http://www.memorylaneclovis.com/pages/samples1.html
    I am building separate photo album pages, and would like to build something like this (see sample) where the photo in the center displays the smaller thumbnail as a larger image, as you roll over the smaller image. Then if you click on an image it will take you to the specified photo album page it is linked to...
    This seems like it is similar to the ad banner rotators (but the ad rotator is not exactly what I'm after)

Anyone know how this is done?

Or what program I'll need?
    & how do you get the writing in that center square?
    is that part of the program?
    Am I going to have to learn flash for this?

Or what program can I do allot of this type of creating with -best one for the money?
    Thanks Beck
    www.hitchikinghorses.com
    www.picturetours.net

Re: Can anyone tell me how I can make my photos do this??

Hi, Beck.

Yes, I think it is a Flash presentation. I checked the source code and it seems to be that way. You could, I think use Macromedia Flash but there are probably other products out there. I'm sorry, I'm not an expert in Flash. Someone else will be along to give you a little more help, I'm sure.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Beck
      Try looking at this site
      http://www.picturetrail.com/
      Look at the photo flicks part. You can do some for free, and then after you use some amount of space you have to pay, but it isn't too much $.
      I don't know if they have the style you are looking for but there are a few to choose from, and its kinda fun..
      Good luck.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Liz,
        But I am going beyond PictureTrail.com now, and wanting to be even more creative... I have used picture trail in the past and love it. It is very easy for those starting out. Guess I've just out grown it and now I want to be able to make my own “flicks” plus the fact that I really would like to get away from Picture Trail’s ads attached to my photo flicks.
        But I appreciate and thank you for the lead… and yep being frustrated I did already check… and nope… picture trails doesn’t happen to have the ??? I guess I’ll call it a “template” that I am looking for (again see the sample of what I am wanting to do at here: http://www.memorylaneclovis.com/pages/samples1.html

I was surfing other threads, and found a suggestion to look at koolmoves... I like what I see there so far, but does anyone know if I can create the particular photo display I am wanting with that program?

Beck
        www.hitchhikinghorses.com
        www.picturetours.net

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean about picturetrails limitations. They are good for quick needs, but eventually you want to go forth and conquer, so to speak..
          good luck!
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi beck

have a look here Gallerys click on to page one link there's something very close to what you want, this is a on click gallery but it might with a little persuasion do the same thing on mouseover.

Comment

Alien Dude,
              Thank you! I have emailed them asking for help with it (that is what they said to do if you want the script etc...) But I am still on a learning curve here, so I don't know how to "fix" it up :)

I would like to stay away from the share links advertising… because It takes away from the professional look I’m trying to portray. This is one reason why I no longer want to use picturetrail’s photo flicks, and want to learn how to do it myself. And the biggest reason would be because it takes clientele off my site and onto for example: “picturetrail’s”

I am considering buying the Adobe Flash program or studio 8 or?? Anyone want to point me in the right direction? (Best program for the money)
              I like koolmoves, I might buy that as well, it seems to be an easy one to begin learning on, but I can't figure out if I can do this particular image thing that I want to with koolmoves... Does anyone know if I can?

There must be a way... - obviously it has already been done. (see example link)
              What about picturetrails.com? Someone has to know how they do it… How do they actually create those “photo flicks” or templates for them? There must be some kind of program that a computer genius has created with multiple templates that makes it easy for the rest of us right?

Beck
              www.hitchhikinghorses.com
              www.picturetours.net

Comment

I'm looking into that same type of gallery . . . we can keep each other posted . . . if you are using soho, check into Coppermine. I'm thinking that it may do what I want, but I've looked at so many now that it's hard to remember who had what to offer! LOL

Comment

I have looked in to the design i showed you, though i can make it mouseover it does not look very professional as the pictures all have to be put in separately .

Comment

Well I've gone ahead an bought the koolmoves program.. and I still can't figure out if it will create what I want... hopefully I didn't waste my money :)
                    However, I found out that that "sample" (see link: http://www.memorylaneclovis.com/pages/samples1.html ) was created in bravenet... any one know where in bravenet I can find this template? Maybe I could figure it out if I could see the HTML code??

Where is a good place to learn Flash?
                    and again, anyone know what the best program out there is for creating this kind of stuff?

Comment

Working...
                    X