Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip: never cut and paste wholesale from Word!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: never cut and paste wholesale from Word!

Hi all,

my site is for diet and weightloss www.flabfallsoff.com and hosted by Voda...

The site is a long copy, direct response site, typical of the genre I would think :-

To ensure no typos etc I first created it in Word, then cut and pasted it wholesale into BV. Little did I know that this would create a nightmare scenario whereby whenever I tried to work with a para inside the text, say center it, it would center the WHOLE chunk of text!!

I've just gone thru the excrutiating process of creating new blocks into which I cut and pasted small sections, paragraphs etc from the original chunk, which was sitting 'underneath' the new text boxes. Took me a looong time and lots of sweat.

So dont try and save time by cutting and pasting ONE BIG CHUNK of text into BV and then expect to have your way with it like in Word. I would guess the solution is to have BV and Word open, and cut and paste small pieces across as you open text boxes.

Either way I guess it will take time, as there is a LOT of copy to work with, but at least you wont be frustrated in not knowing how to change it.

Hope this makes sense: man, I wish I had known this before!! :-

chao

Will
    PS Bethers helped me understand this better - tks!!
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Tip: never cut and paste wholesale from Word!

You are right - and that is the danger of using Word - or any non-web friendly program - to create text for the web. Word is not a html editor of any kind.

But, used as you are now, you can use it. If you were transferring from word to most online builders or editors - you'd need to do much more than you are now - as they would pick up too much of the coding and make a mess of it! When I started out - we were told to copy anything we did from Word into Notepad (which washed all that code) then into the page. Then we had to format again :)

Glad you understand it now - and doing it one section at a time isn't too bad -
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes i tried this and it really screwed it up i had to do it all over i learned the hard way

Comment

Hey Stryka,

yeah - no better teacher than doing it the wrong way!! LOL.

I trust U didnt have a looong page of copy like me??

Anyway, cheers

will
        A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Working...
        X