Protecting Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting Photos

I keep telling all of you that you can't truly protect anything you put on your website and not to put anything online if you are truly afraid of it being "borrowed" or "stolen".

However, you should be aware that there is a very good program out there that helps you. It is not inexpensive - about $500 a year. But it will let you track who's taken photos from your website. I talso allows for hidden watermarks (which are so much more appealing than using ones that "ruin" the picture. And you can also do "image linking" which allows people to purchase rights to an image. If you have Photoshop, they have a plug in for it.

No - I haven't used it - I'm not concerned about my images. But this information comes from someone you does digital photography and highly recommends this company: Digimarc

Just a FYI.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: Protecting Photos

Bethers- That is really good to know that there is a program like that. I do photography, but was unsure about doing a website because I wouldnt want people claiming them as theirs. But this seems really cool and isnt all that expensive.
    Cheers
    Teri

Comment

I don't think it is either for the proper usage of it. But I know lots here are looking for everything "free."
      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nothing good is free! lol

Comment

Give folks some times, it will be all over shared networks for free.
          jahnSELE

Comment

Jahnsele, not everything is going to become free - somethings ARE worth paying for.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

^ totally. and that isnt a point that should be splattered on this forum.

Comment

Man it would be cool but at the same time not cool to have everything free if you know what i mean

Comment

Working...
                X