Drop doewn menu windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop doewn menu windows

I like the way the navigation windows open a new page without the previous pages showing. I want my drop down menus to do the same thing. Imagine it has to do with the blank,self,parent,top options but don't know which to choose.
    Thanks,
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Drop doewn menu windows

Originally posted by marciemayer
    I like the way the navigation windows open a new page without the previous pages showing. I want my drop down menus to do the same thing. Imagine it has to do with the blank,self,parent,top options but don't know which to choose.
    Thanks,
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    Hello,

How did you create the ONMOUSEOVER DROP DOWN effect on your site.?Please assist as I would like to create some drop down effects on my website.I just don't seem to find the trick on BlueVoda website Builder.
    I have noticed that as I hover my mouse over VISIT THE FARM it brings down a list of options. How did you do that?

Bigjayy.

Comment

Please look at your other post. I have answered you.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello NavalDesign,

I am very sorry but I cannot see any response.Please direct me where it is.

Bigjayy.

Comment

Re: Drop down menu windows

Hey, nobody is paying attention to me....! I'm stuck until I get this drop down thing figured out.
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Hi Marcie,

just leave the target field empty.

bigjayy : where you posted before : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post120501
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Drop down menu windows

Thanks Γ. Can you explain what the difference is for each option: blank,self,parent and top? I'm up to around 20 published pages now and mistakes become so time consuming.
              M
              Marcie
              www.redtractorfarm.com
              www.iloveacorns.com
              www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

_blank = new window
                _self = in the same.
                _top = used, when the link is in a frame, so that the new page opens not in the frame but in the to window.
                -parent = not sure, never used it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

You better figure out that parent thing or they might revoke your brigidare general staus. Thanks for the help. M
                  Marcie
                  www.redtractorfarm.com
                  www.iloveacorns.com
                  www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

hehe
                    Navaldesign

Comment

You lost me there. What was that?!
                      Marcie
                      www.redtractorfarm.com
                      www.iloveacorns.com
                      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Got it: it's the window that has generated a popup. So if you click on a link that is inside a popup and the target is set to _parent, the link will open in the window that has generated the popup.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by marciemayer
                          You lost me there. What was that?!
                          An attempt to place a smiley directly from my desktop into the forum
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Believe it or not after seeing my site a few people here on the island want me to design their sites! In 2 weeks of doing the BV thing I've become a web designer. By the way my restaurant in Athens and Mykonos was called BV (Blue Velvet). That's why I picked this download. M
                            Marcie
                            www.redtractorfarm.com
                            www.iloveacorns.com
                            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Problem getting the right window

I still don't get it. From my home page: when I go to the drop down selection 'guest house' under Visit the Farm it opens like a navigation button and entirely covers the previous screen. But the other drop down menus don't do this - they open seperate windows over the original. At this point my drop downs are all messed up but I've made sure that I test only from the 'home' page where all drop down fields have been left blank. I don't want visitors to have to constantly close windows since I am providing the menu options on every page. Help!
                              Marcie
                              Last edited by marciemayer; 02-01-2007, 06:34 PM. Reason: Dead Thread
                              Marcie
                              www.redtractorfarm.com
                              www.iloveacorns.com
                              www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
                              X