Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible problems with Google toolbar

Hi all,

if anyone has upgraded to IE7 and has the Google toolbar installed, just bear in mind that this can cause hassles... I kept on getting error messages ("IE has encountered a problem and has to shut down, we apologise for any inconvenience") - I would then debug ONLY, or the whole darn thing would shut down! (ie if you reported the error, it would tend to shut down, no fun when working with a lot of open windows)

Sooooo, the microsoft ppl think they have isolated the problem as they helped me uninstall the toolbar, then reinstall the bar. Problem seems cleared up, app. caused by the upgrade to IE7!!

Just thought someone might want to know this :-

cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Possible problems with Google toolbar

IE7 is junk if you ask me. It still opens slow, they have chnged the navigation of the browser and the bloat code is still vulnerable. Most of the MS updates that they say are important updates for sercurity reasons is due to holes in IE that have been exploited by some hacker. WHy 80% of the world still uses IE is a mystery to me. FireFox and Opera are sooooo muuch better.
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Re: Possible problems with Google toolbar

Hey Moto,

yeah, agreed re IE!! If Microsoft had done everything right, right from the start we wouldnt have ****py products with gaping holes like IE and MS Word.

And all the patches which should never have been needed in the 1st place.

Why do they dominate? Superior marketing, the old story. What you need is a marketing whiz to take over the alternatives like FF... now THERE'S a gap for an entrepreneur... lol.

cheers
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Working...
      X