Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript interfering with my html?

Hi all,

still having hassles with my hover ads - they come up fine in IE, but not in Firefox or Opera! Complained to Aweber, they said:

"There is an issue with the code that is displaying your page. The HTML is conflicting somehow with the Javascript.
    You have two options to remedy this. You can work with a web designer to correct the HTML on your page. Or alternativly, create an inline form instead and use the raw HTML code that we provide."

I could call in my neighbour who is a techie, but his time is limited, and I dont want to bother him. But I might have to... I can also put in an inline form - but I would like to get this sorted out too!

As part of the solution could someone use IE to check out my site (www.flabfallsoff.com) and pse tell me if the hover ad is working okay on THEIR computer?

Could someone also pse tell me what it is in the html code that could be interfering? And why is it only happening with FF and Opera? Why not IE too?

The html code in my BV that incorporates this Javascript hover ad thingy is:

</HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#4089BF" text="#000000"
    ><script type="text/javascript" src="http://forms.aweber.com/form/68/795522668.js"></script>
    <DIV id="container">

Man, I've got splinters in my fingers... lol!

Anyone that can help - thank you mucho!! (I know that I've had hassles from the moment I tried to physically input the above code into BV... I accidentally deleted one of the > characters, and that caused problems... then I managed to reinsert that, but wonder if I didnt do some damage that only someone experienced could sort out...)

Related question... why can't we physically input code into the html thing in BV, as if it was in Notepad? That would help, but I guess there are issues here that I'm not aware of? :-

Tks & cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Javascript interfering with my html?

Yes, I got your hover ad - one of the things that makes me close pages immediately. But they supposedly work for your type of website ( just not on me :) )

Where are you inserting this code? I would suggest that you want to insert it into the page html - not onto the page in an html box.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ditto with Beth, can’t stand the things. But it did work for me, but behind the text. Try bringing your html box to the front of page & re-publish..
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
        I think this should be inserted into the page html - in the body section - but I could be wrong.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Chris & Bethers,

tks for the feedback, sorry for belated reply ... still trying to work this thing out... !! :-

Aweber told me to put it in the html, so I go to my BV index page, right click in 'neutral' area, open up Page Html and insert it in there.

But why doesnt that html box operate like Notepad, that you can insert code at will? You have to go to various tags, "Inside Body Tag" etc.

Anyway, I've had such hassles with java and hover ads - even called in techie friend to help - that I think i'm gonna go with an inline form and leave it at that, and hope it gets more subscriptions :-

Tks

Will

Comment

As the add/form is sliding in anyway. Why not just place it in its own pop up window that slides in or down. One you make yourself.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hey Chris,

tks ... do you mean by doing it oneself that that removes the hassles of using Java etc?

Could be ... but then who takes over the whole Autoresponder thing? Getting an e-zine out I find is a big undertaking, and Aweber makes it as easy as possible (bar the hassle with the Java and html!!)

In the end I think I will simply put an inline form - but just seeing if a quick popup (instant as the page loads) gets some bites ... 'birdy num nums'... ha ha... !! :-

cheers

Will

Comment

Working...
              X