Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Web Site

Hello all experts,
    Here is my new web site. Any, thoughts or ideas is greatly appreciated.
    I have no hang-ups, so let me have it, it's OK. I want to make it better. I know the payment page is not working yet. Still ticking with it.

http://www.goldenhandscleaningservice.com/
    Elliott Liardo
    New Jersey Bass Federation
    www.NJBassFederation.com
    www.AmandaLiardo.com

Re: New Web Site

very nice start
    -home page isnt centered in browser
    -about us isnt centered in browser
    -contact page, the words top center "contact information" our lap paragraph
    keep up the good work
    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

I agree with Beebrothers....
      Also on your Cleaning Services page some of the text as white back ground, change the background to no fill, it will look better.
      Your maid illustration needs to be resized before you put it on your pages. I can tell you enlarged the artwork once you had it on your page. What I do with an illustration is save a small, medium and large version in whatever art program I am using and then depending on what size I need I insert that sized image. It really makes for much cleaner pages. You can also download pix resizer and it will help your photos load faster.
      Good luck
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com
      www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
      www.virtualdesigndiva.com
      www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Hi,
        I do agree that the title at top of page would look a lot nicer sitting on a plain white background but over all what a fantastic job you have done in putting together a great little site,well done.
        regards
        Jay
        www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Ellot
          Watch your spelling !
          -Prefeessional .....& Professional
          -Also that line overlaps the rest.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill,
            I'm home now. please send me that link again for spell check so I can down load it.
            Just finished downloading it, forget that.

Bill,
            Can I spell check in bluevoda, if so how? anyone?

I also made some changes tonight and need some help. I want a back round color for the title to look the same as the menu bars on the left. Anyone know where I can get that?
            Elliott Liardo
            www.NJBassFederation.com
            www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

No, BV doesn't have spell check - but you can copy and paste your text into word and spell check - then make the corrections it show.

On your home page, you sub heading "Professional etc etc " is very hard for my eyes to read. I'd get that line - at that size font - into an easier to read font. It is readable for the header.

You also need to go back and put a short description of each page into the meta description. Right now - for the home page - your description is "This is my home page". Technically that's correct, but if anyone reads that, I don't think it's going to have them interested or tell them that this home page is for a cleaning service. This should be a short description of what each page is about.

While doing that - go back and make each title different - cuz each page is different. The title should be one for that specific page.

You also are going to want to think about the types you are using on the page and look to see if they are web friendly. If you want to keep your header font - you should make a header in an image. For the page, you don't want to use images, so you want a web friendly font (which means the font will be on all the computers). If someone now opens your website and doesn't have the font you used installed, it will change and your website will display completely differently on their computer. It might even be why some are seeing overlapping (which I haven't seen so far).

Overall, you've got a great start. Keep tweaking!

You've underlined some words and you don't want to do that on a website unless those words are links to another page. I tried to click them - and they don't go anywhere :(

Your font also changes sizes in the middle of a paragraph then goes back again. Look at the paragraph "Give yourself the gift of"

Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you so very my, I appreciate it very, very much. I tweaked it up again. Please take a look and tell me what you think. Anyone and all opinion, please, again, I have no ego about listening to all of you ideas. It only better to improve what my goal is to do. "Get customers to come to my web site, and feel good about, that I did myself, first time ever.
                Elliott Liardo
                www.NJBassFederation.com
                www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

I can only say to read my post above yours - as I don't see any of those things done.

And you should feel good about it - you're doing a good job.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Ellott

Theres a bit of overlapping going on, on my screen, your title "Golden Hands Cleaning" overhangs the line and the "Professional apartment house cleaning etc" overlaps the "gift certificate"...have you done this all in one text box?...maybe try 3 separate text boxes?..this is happening on every page.
                    I would also choose some different buttons I find those very hard on the eyes and difficult to read. your doing a great job .. keep tweaking ;o)
                    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Oh dear .. I dont know whats going on with my font there lol

Sorry didnt mean to shout Ellot
                      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi All,
                        I don't know what I did wrong, but mess up everything. I'm going home now, and leaving from work. Can someone shoot me a font that will work for the title please. I'm looking at it here from my job, and see exactly what you are seeing, overlapping and too large, but at home, and other computers it is different, why is that?

Help.................

P.s be home by 6:30 eastern us time.
                        Elliott Liardo
                        www.NJBassFederation.com
                        www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

AS I said before - you are not using a web friendly font - actually on any of the page. Please look at the following:
                          friendly fonts and use one of them for text on the page.

Then make an image header.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello,
                            I'm trying to listen to all that great advice I'm getting. Please take a look and let me know if the font is OK now, thanks. I will make the changes for the all the other pages if the first one looks good.
                            Elliott Liardo
                            www.NJBassFederation.com
                            www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

EL:

Try to focus on the basics, trying to get "perfect" there first.....

a. The alignment of your images in the top header is still off, and throws everything off to the eye (subconcious or not). Maybe you can establish a real header by using a "shape" as a line to act as a bottom border (remember to 'bring to front')?
                              b. The images themselves are of varying resolution, and do not "mate" well because of it when placed so close together like they are.
                              c. The images need to be properly "titled" so they add to relevance for the pages overall (be sure to not have any spaces or symbols in the titles, but underscores and simple "Key-wordish" type naming techniques: "golden_hand_cleaning_services_does_kitchens", for example, for the one pix showing a kitchen)
                              d. The "maid" image either has to be cleaned up or made to go away. It does not lend itself to contributing to anything professional. Surf until you can find a suitable substitute (non-graphic, use a photo?)
                              e. Navigation/Menu: reduce your wording in your buttons to one word each, not only to fit, but to clearly convey the "topic". If not this, then reduce font size significantly and use bold.
                              f. Your use of a different font with underlined to emphasize a point is shoddy: it is not acceptable use, as underlines normally indicate a link to a page or section that expands on the idea; and there are better means to indicate emphasis other than using a different font (makes it look quite school-ish).
                              g. Lose the bottom "email us" button......learn to rely on your Contact methodology: your intro text (content on your "index" page) should be shortened considerably, and you should consider writing in an "invitation" clearly....for a quote, an estimate, etc. but which would steer visitors to actually USE your Contact Us page/features..... (Additionally, this should force you to list only your local business number --one mind you-- and not 2....this makes visitors think you are unprofessional. If you list your cell to be sure callers get a hold of someone while you are out of the office, then list your cell number only, and make it the primary means to call your business. Maybe even list only the "office" number, but forward it to your cell?)

I think you get the idea.....the details matter a whole lot, and getting all tweaky trying to dutifully follow opinions on SEO or the rest at this juncture does not need to be your focus. (That can come later in your leisure, and according to the format, not people's opinion)

Your website needs to be tightly focused and *****ly presented if to build the confidence in your prospective clients.....if you hope to compel them to inquire. Getting it "Page Perfect" is the critical focus......
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X