Please test for fast loading and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please test for fast loading and...

Could everyone have a look at my home page and tell me if it loads slowly for you or not? I've had several comments that either it is slow or all the graphics don't show up. If that is the case, anyone have any suggestions on optimizing for faster download? Also, someone else told me they get a black background. It should be navy blue on all pages...not black! Thanks much!

www.journeyshappen.com

Cindy
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: Please test for fast loading and...

Everything nice and blue for me Cindy ....

Sounding and looking great as usual ....

24 secs over ISDN - it's nice if you could get that to about 17 or so ... but not a big deal, faster on T1 - me - 2 seconds ... the music takes a few extra seconds to come on ... but your page is all loaded up ...

No problems on my end at all Cindy .....

You could probably optimize Mandys pic, it's about 25 kbs, you could probably reduce that to about 5 or 6 kbs ... the same with your top right picture ... it's at 46 and could go to about 17 or so ....

Cindy ... here is what to do ... view your page on line, go to file, edit with microsoft front page editor ... down on the bottom right, you will see the loading times for all, (you click and you will see all of the connections, etc.) and you can cut a pic, etc, off of your page, and see what is taking the longest times to load ... you don't hurt anything by doing this, your page stays the same, you are really not editing it, but you will get an idea of the heavier areas ... know what I mean??

Actually I just tried Mandys pic, and removing saves 3 seconds, hang on Mandy, lol, we're not taking you off, but we're gonna take you down to 1 second ... lol

7 seconds for the logo down the bottom left, CLIA - too much ... for that ...

(As the music loads, you will notice the time goes up, don't worry about that right now, that would be full load of the song)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I waited until I could not stand it any longer.

I am surprised that this is the 4th thread for your site Cindy....General and all. It is customary to simply tap a previous one with a new request noted.

Interesting to see your work with php.....I don't think it has improved the site though. And, it may be contributing to any delays you might be experiencing. Ask Naval (email him directly).

I cannot comment on your choice of backgrounds or font colors. You choose what floats your boat.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The music could be doubling or more the loading time. I have volume off so can't say about that.

I do see some parts of the pages that don't look centered, etc - the box that says "stop worrying about potholes... etc" would look better if it was centered with the darker blue all around it.

The footer looks like it was thrown down there- it would look better in the color of the other box I mentioned - centered in the center element.

But on my high speed it loaded good. And php shouldn't have any effect on load time.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

One thing I would suggest is using a plugin to show the radio bar so you can shut off your music.. some like it .. some dont. Its set to loop continously, so those who dont read fast or want to look around could be annoyed by it.. give them the opportunity to shut it off!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Loaded ok, sorta, but on second try.
            Something else I noticed (because of the justification): adventures, activities, and sightseeing
            might want to add "different" before activities.

Spent a few weeks on Kauai with family and it was just unbelievable.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I tried it both ways, with & without music . . . it took twice as long with the music. Just FYI. Very peaceful looking . . . makes me want to head out to the beach & watch the sunset!

Comment

Hi Cindy,

The colour is blue here, wouldnt call it navy tho, it all loaded pretty quik just a few seconds but the image at the bottom left didnt load at all just got the dreaded white box with the red x in it.

Also when clicking on the "training tools" on your menu it asked for a user name and password ? is that meant to be there as I dont see anywhere where it says join up or become a member.....tho ive just got out of bed so not focused yet lol
                Nice job tho ..well done
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Holly: Thank you so much for the much needed image optimizing suggestions. I think I did all the ones you mentioned. I appreciate the time you took to help me on that.

Eric: "I am surprised that this is the 4th thread for your site Cindy....General and all. It is customary to simply tap a previous one with a new request noted." Thank you for reminding me of the customary protocol for thread insertion in the forum. I have previously asked for comments on this site on 2 occasions (not 4), but none the less I will try and refrain from cluttering up the forum with my threads! lol
                  "Interesting to see your work with php..." I am curious as to your comment here. Why is this so interesting. Do you think I should not use php?
                  "I cannot comment on your choice of backgrounds or font colors. You choose what floats your boat....." I don't recall asking for comments on my color scheme, Eric, but I appreciate your opinion, as I think you do excellent work on all of your websites. I like the colors and I'm just happy you think I have a boat to float!! lol

Beth: Thank you for your suggestions. I did the best I could in trying to implement them. I do think it looks better and I agree, I don't think php affects the load time either.

Karen: Ok, I change the music to using a plug-in, although since I have never used that, I'm not sure that I did it right, as it doesn't seem to have had any effect. I also deleted the autostart and loop so that people can click on one or the other, if they want to listen to the music and that did seem to help a lot.

Bill: Thank you..I have added that. Of all the islands, I am partial to Kauai. I think it is just more laid back and not as commercialized. I use to own a timeshare on Poi Pu Beach and so went there a number of times.

Dedi: Thank you for taking the time to test it out. The music is still there, but just doesn't autostart now. I do think it makes a big difference.

Linda: Ok, I think I got the CLIA image working again. The training tools is password protected, because it is only for my team members to have access to. You make a good point though....I should maybe see what else I can do on that, without having it be a part of my nav bar. I'll have to sleep on that one.. Thanks for your nice comments.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Cindy,

Your site loaded fairly quick for me, no problems. You have some good info tips for traveling, cash converter, clips, destinations, packages, the works. Good job my friend.

Comment

The page loaded really fast for me. Not a problem at all!

Regards
                      Teri

Comment

It started to load really fast at first and then it almost stopped altogether. I guess that I had about 2/3 of the images loaded when it did this.

The site looks great and the background I see is blue. Not black.
                        Affordable Medical Insurance
                        Discount Dental Plan
                        Washington State Health Insurance
                        Temporary Health Insurance
                        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Probably have it all solved by now....everything loaded fine for me, very quick including the music. Great job a
                          oh BTW I love the colors maybe you can paint your boat to match.....Choco
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Cindy, I only have wifi and your site loaded OK for me.....
                            Your site has improved a lot since you first published it, and
                            I would not worry too much about starting another thread as quite
                            a lot of us start another thread after major changes and after time has gone bye..............
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks Robyn. Sometimes I wonder if I have to much stuff and then I think I don't have enough...decisions..decisions..

Teri...thanks for checking it for me

motoxxx...I know what you mean on the load. That is what happens to me to. I think I still need to look at what causes it to hic-up a little sometimes. Thanks for taking a look and letting me know you see blue!

Choco777...thanks my friend. When I get ready to float my boat..I'll make sure it matches my color scheme! lol. Hope you are busy with your tours! Gotta get down there soon!

David..Nice to see you again. I'm not around here much...just to darn busy as my travel business is going great.
                              How's your wedding dress sites doing. I love them by the way!
                              Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I was just being a little sarcastic to Eric...it was a challenging day for me. Sorry Eric...
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X