hyperlinking buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyperlinking buttons

Hi all - first post to Vodahost and also first web site. However, while buttons appear on screen for nav bar, hyperlinks simply wont work. What am i missing here:
    www.dotscanada.com

Any other tips for a newby would be great.
    thanks

Re: hyperlinking buttons

Originally posted by ddscanada
    Hi all - first post to Vodahost and also first web site. However, while buttons appear on screen for nav bar, hyperlinks simply wont work. What am i missing here:
    www.dotscanada.com

Any other tips for a newby would be great.
    thanks
    Hi!

Congratulations, you're doing well. You need to first, check the links that you have on each button. At least one of them is wrong. The 'About ...' button is linking to "contact.htm". This needs to be a full URL (http://www. etc.) and, if it's a page you have published with BV, it needs to be an html rather than htm.

I'm wondering if you have a transparent shape overlying your buttons, as I tried one URL and it was correct an led me to a video, yet the button won't work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi - thanks for the feedback. I have been playing with the links out of frustration. But first question is what does "BV" stand for and why do you need a full www.etc link for a site page?

thanks - I really appreciate it.

Comment

BV stand for Blue Voda (the webuilder program you should have used to build your site) Did you use Blue Voda?
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by ddscanada
          Hi - thanks for the feedback. I have been playing with the links out of frustration. But first question is what does "BV" stand for and why do you need a full www.etc link for a site page?

thanks - I really appreciate it.
          Please watch these tutorials on hyperlinking. You will find them very informative, and they should answer any questions you have.

The below four tutorials deal exclusively with Hyperlinking your pages together. Please watch all four in the exact below order.
          Fixed Menu Bars - creating and editing - MUST WATCH
          Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down) - creating and editing
          Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
          Creating a Go menu (hyperlinking with a drop down menu)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X