Names,titles,etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names,titles,etc..

I need some feedback before I do the wrong thing on all of my pages. Let's take www.redtractorfarm.com/aboutus.html
    I've got the title bar now, would it be better for se to also change the name to something like: 'www.redtractorfarm/about_tzia_farm_owners.html ?
    Thanks as always,
    Marcie
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Names,titles,etc..

Hey Marcia

I'm not an S.E expert but I would leave the name page as it is. I had some great advice from Bethers in this forum to place a Header title at the top of your page in html describing each page.

If you look at my site you'll see what I mean. But in the meantime I'm sure someone else will give you some more advice.

Good Luck
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thank you Phil
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Re: Page Description

www.redtractorfarm.com/spatholado.html
        1st meta tag is 'spatholado'
        1st word in page description is 'spatholado'
        Yet when I Google 'spatholado' it is not anywhere, and there are only 2 pages of search results. I'm playing around trying to look at other sites and see what they're doing right but this is discouraging. Am I doing something wrong?
        Marcie
        www.redtractorfarm.com
        www.iloveacorns.com
        www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Re: Page Description

Originally posted by marciemayer
          www.redtractorfarm.com/spatholado.html
          1st meta tag is 'spatholado'
          1st word in page description is 'spatholado'
          Yet when I Google 'spatholado' it is not anywhere, and there are only 2 pages of search results. I'm playing around trying to look at other sites and see what they're doing right but this is discouraging. Am I doing something wrong?
          Your site win't show up in search results for quite some time, Marcie. Especially with Google. It takes them a while, sometimes months. Don't be discouraged it will happen. Again, you can read more about this in threads that can be found in the Search Engine Forum.

You can help yourself by including a link to your site in your signature here, as each post you make gets spidered several times a day. This will help get you 'out there'. You can do this through your user CP - the link is in the top navigation bar on this page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda,
            I didn't realize it takes so long at Google. My site is already coming up on the 1st page when I google 'tzia farm'. Go figure...
            Marcie
            www.redtractorfarm.com
            Marcie
            www.redtractorfarm.com
            www.iloveacorns.com
            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Hi, think you will have to have a nice day with your feet up by the sea, & a couple of good SE books & a carafe of wine. Lol.
              Would I search for Spatholado. Never heard of it. But you will be in the top two pages of Google when someone enters this, which will be a good thing. But I would imagine some of the other words may get you more visitors.
              There are a few pages on your site where the words & titles & not the sort or words someone will search for. So it maybe worth having a think on the content of your pages & seeing if some good extra SE words can be incorporated & a few others taken out. I see you have your personal names on a few pages, which unless you are famous & a lot of people know you, these are not really that great. (Sorry) But only your friends & the tax man might be looking for these searches.
              Not sure on the Red tractor farm part as well. It’s a good name to remember, but will anyone enter it as a search at this moment in time.
              Its worth spending some time seeing what certain search results bring up & if others have missed key words on there sites.
              IE:
              If I was looking for a something in your area & was a little bit green minded, the search maybe something like “Greek agro tourism” . But when this is entered I get 127,000 relations. So I try Greece agro tourism & get another hundred thousand relations. 228,000. Yet the second way is not the way you would say this in a conversation or writing it down. (Strange)
              But it can still be worth seeing what are good search terms & learn from other high ranking sites.

Good luck.

PS. Sorry if your are famous?
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,
                I see what you mean and really appreciate the feedback. I am so NOT internet ****, comes from spending too much time on the beach with a carafe of wine...
                Thanks again,
                Marcie
                Marcie
                www.redtractorfarm.com
                www.iloveacorns.com
                www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Marcie - go to Keyword Suggestion Tool and play with words and phrases that people might use to find you. If you find some that you might not have thought of - that are lesser known but ARE being used - you will want to make sure those words are optimized on various pages.

Remember, each page should be optimized for what IT ALONE is about - but done in a way to get the phrases around it also.

You can come up very quickly in the se's for these lesser known phrases - if others aren't optimizing for them. But, remember, do not use the words if they make the page not the professional page it's meant to be for your viewers. That always has to come first.

After you make a page, I rarely suggest changing names - especially if the se's have already found it. Every time you do that (get rid of a page) - se's will still have it in their back "memory" and might send someone to it - where they'll get a 404 error. So, if you do want to get rid of a page, you want to redirect it to another page or keep it with different content (which adding content is always good).

Yes, to your first question - a page name relevant to the page is good - but shorter names are also the best - and the page name is only a very small portion of the optimizing.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X