File Permissions Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Permissions Issue

Hi - I have a small issue with File permissions.
    I'm currently testing Joomla on my server - so far, so good. But, I installed my first component yesterday (puarcade) which installed ok and works. The thing is during the installation the images folder was not created.

I have tried to create this folder manually, using my FTP client and the file manager in the cpanel but won't work as it says I do not have permission to do so, although the folder is set to the correct permissions.

I have no problem at all with the folders which contain the components that came with Joomla, just the new one created with the arcade component.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

in file manager on the left side of the screen(when you high light a file) you can set the permisson for your files
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Problem is not with permission. When you transfer Joomla files to server with FTP client you have your name for owner and group, bat when you transfer in admin screen of Joomla components, or somethings else, automaticaly you have name 'nobody' for owner and group. That is not possible quality to resolve with permission. I have same problem on server. I try to found solution with administration people on Vodahost.
      Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by zdenkoa
        Problem is not with permission. When you transfer Joomla files to server with FTP client you have your name for owner and group, bat when you transfer in admin screen of Joomla components, or somethings else, automaticaly you have name 'nobody' for owner and group. That is not possible quality to resolve with permission. I have same problem on server. I try to found solution with administration people on Vodahost.
        Regards.

Hi - Cheers for that... !

NWD

Comment

Working...
        X