Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing same site, new pages

Hello All!,
    I just finished redoing my entire website and have a question before I begin to publish. For each new page I saved it with the name of the page and added a 2 so I know whish is old and which is new. eg: necklaces2
    Now I'm ready to publish. Do I have to delete the original page first before I can name the new pages correctly in order to publish? I know I can save each new page with the correct name because it asks if you want to replace it. I think I'm a little scared of loosing a page....Please set my mind at ease and get me in the right direction.....thanks!

Re: publishing same site, new pages

You do NOT want the numbers on the pages. You should have rebuilt the new page right on top of the original- then you publish it with the same name - and it publishes right over it. I believe you WANT it to replace the original page, right? If you want these to be in ADDITION to the old pages, then the 2 will work.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
      You do NOT want the numbers on the pages. You should have rebuilt the new page right on top of the original- then you publish it with the same name - and it publishes right over it. I believe you WANT it to replace the original page, right? If you want these to be in ADDITION to the old pages, then the 2 will work.

OK so please help me figure out how to get them all published. I changed the template and everything on the new pages....

Comment

If they are replacing the old pages - go back in and save as - put in the orginal page name and say ok to replacing the original page. Then publish as usual. The new page will replace the old on line.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X