redirecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirecting

I want a page that can do this.. Click link before proceeding and then once the user clicks the link on the page he/she will be directed to that page they first intended to

Re: redirecting

Uh?

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

il try explaining it again... Say theres a link on my website that goes to a Tips page but instead of going to the tip page i want to add in another step... So instaed of this Website>tips page i want it website>a page where they must click one of the following ads, links to proceed( open ins new window> then tips page... hwo can i make this posisble

Comment

Put a link to the ad - and when they click the ad - have that be a link to the page.

For me - it would be a one-way ticket off your website.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

okay,,, well i found how to reword what i want and here it is... i have my main website then say he clicks on Tips page. Then the page shows this link cant be clicked until one of the following ads are clicked then you may proceed... kinda of things please reply if u dont understand thanks

Comment

Although as bethers says this is not advised ...

Accomplish this by taking away the link from the tips page

inserting this link on the image (the ad) that you want instead ...

Change the link from the link you have set up for the tips page, if that is what you want to do .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

im trying to get them to load 2 pages at once the ad and also the tips page.

Comment

I don't think that would work, if you redirect the ad page, to the tips page they won't be on the ad page to click the link you want them to ....

the best would be to have the link to your tips, go to the ad, and have the words enter for tips, on the ad, so they will click again

but like Bethers says, some will leave .... kind of like deceiving people to click your ad ... not recommended at all ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You have this now in 2 different threads - Do NOT start 2 threads with the same discussion.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

What's the matter, can't take constructive criticism?
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I edited my post to make it kinder and gentler because I can take constructive criticism. My post got returned to it's earlier form- and not by me - so, I take it you don't want me to be kinder and gentler?

Race, I know I can be abrupt - I'll be the first to admit it - and I've said so on the forum many times.

Is there something else going on here I don't know about?
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

sorry i posted it in 2 different forums i first posted it here and noticed this was the wrong place to post but i noticed people were following up on it so i didnt want to cut them off and i havent gotten the answer from neither so i left them both on.. sorry bethers but im curious what did you post say orignally:S

Comment

:) cliffoco - the post you see is what my original post said. I went back and changed it to say Please, etc- since I type fast and not always with those words - but I don't mean disrespect. Someone else changed it back to my original - and I left it as is.

Duplicate posting is as hard for you as for those who are answering - but I certainly understand why you did it!

Make sure you take advantage of all VH and the forum have to offer - and if I'm ever blunt, feel free to step on my toes, :)
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth Youre not Blunt.. I AM THO..

What you want is a pop up or a pop under so that ad pops up as its redirecting to the page. I dont use them, wont use them, and I dont care how to do them.. but Im sure someone here knows how to do them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Let me see if i understand correctly: you want to have a link in one page, that when clicked, it will open a new page, and, in the same time, open in a popup window, another page, where your ad is ?

if yes, then create a button in your original page, click on the link icon, and in the URL field of the Link dialog box, place this code:

http://www.yourdomain.com/yourpage.html" onClick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain.com/adpage.html#1', '','width=600,height=230');
                              600 and 230 are the popup dimensions, you can change them to what you need. "adpage.html" is the ad page, yourpage.html is the new page that should open in the whole screen.
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X