Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Capabilities for Gallery

Hello Folks!

This year marks our 20 year High School class and I was assigned to create our class website and it's coming out great, however I do need some assistance. I'm trying to create a page where my classmates can upload their own photos into our class gallery. Sort of like Yahoo groups. Does BV have that capabilitiy? If so, how would I go about configuring it?
    here's the link. http://www.balboa87.org

Re: Upload Capabilities for Gallery

Hi there

I am thinking you would have to give everyone a password, which may become too overwhelming, it might be better if everyone were to email their photos in a zip file to you and you do the uploading ....

You can use jalbum, found in your control panel under the fantastico icon for creating the albums, thumbnails and slideshows.

I'd recommend you remain in control, just my opinion though ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Picasa, a free photo editing/organizing program (that I use and recommend, by the way) has a web album feature that doesn't cost anything, and has the capacity you are looking for, I think.
      the download is http://picasa.google.com/
      I have a family website, and use this feature so my family members can upload their photos to sahre with all of the rest of us.
      Don't know if this will serve your purposes, but it might.
      Good Luck
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

In your Fantastico, you also have Coppermine, a very featured (but also a bit complicated) gallery. It allowes for user registration: each user can register with his own username and password. The administrator can set privilleges for the members, amomg them upload.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, I ended up using the "Gallery" script in Fantastico because the other scripts were corrupted and not working properly. Gallery is a little complicated as well but it's working properly.

Comment

Working...
          X