Adding Smiley Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Smiley Packs

I'm trying to import some smiley packs in to my forum but I having some problems. I'll start off by telling you what I have been able to do.

1. I found the pack I wanted and downloaded it
    2. I unzipped the pack
    3. Logged into my BlueFTP and found the newly downloaded pack (left side)
    4. Found where the currently installed smilies were located on the right side.
    5. Then I highlighted the new pack (left side) clicked "copy to" and the pack then appeared on the right side.
    6. Then go to my forum and log in to the Administration Panel
    7. Clicked on Smilies
    8. Clicked on Import Smiley Pack
    9. I then went to select the new pack but there was nothing in the drop down menu besides "Select Pack (.Pak) File"

I don't know where I'm going wrong as far as loading the new stuff up so that it will be made availible on the forum. Does any one have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
    ID: 11830
    www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Re: Adding Smiley Packs

Follow these instructions: click here
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I can figure out how to install them once they show up on the forum but the problem I'm having is getting the new smiley pack to show up as an option.
      www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

This is what I have been able to do.

www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

what you need to do is open the smilie pack on the left so it shows the image .gifs then open the smiles folder on the right. copy all the images over to the right, now you should have file on the left called smiles.pak this is the file used to import all the smiles . in admin click smiles click import smiles pak. if you had one it will show in the dropdown if not you have to do each one in turn, by using the left button import smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
            what you need to do is open the smilie pack on the left so it shows the image .gifs then open the smiles folder on the right. copy all the images over to the right, now you should have file on the left called smiles.pak this is the file used to import all the smiles . in admin click smiles click import smiles pak. if you had one it will show in the dropdown if not you have to do each one in turn, by using the left button import smile.
            Looks like I'm going to have to do them individually but I got it. Thanks
            www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

yes, unless you have and file in your smlie folder ending in .pak these files have all the info of your smile pack so you can install them all at once. but if you have not got the file you could aways download a small program call smiley packer which will make the .pak file for you. with this you can install as many as 200 all at once.

Comment

Cool I'll look into that.

One other question. Is there a way to rank your smilies so you can determine which ones are on the primary smiley list?
                www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

ttt
                  www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Working...
                  X