Publishing and URL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing and URL's

I'm not sure how to word my question so I will use an example to try and make it clearer...

Say for example you had a website www.body.com and from the index page you link to a section of your website - eg. leg, so the URL would be www.body.com/leg.html. Then say from the leg section you want to link to an article page called eg. knee, so if I publish that page the URL becomes www.body.com/knee.html.

My question is, can and how do I publish or link so that the URL will be www.body.com/leg/knee.html and not www.body.com/knee.html?

Thanks

Re: Publishing and URL's

This not possible. Every time you see / it means a new directory (folder) is being designated. So if you had body.com/leg/knee.html that would mean that you need to have a folder called /leg

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If what you are talking about is linking pages by theme you can do this regardless of what your pages are called. You would use a menu to get to the next page, or hyperlink the text (diagram, picture, whatever you want to use).

As ***** says, naming pages in this way isn't possible, and I can't see what you would hope to achieve by this
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

OK... I just see other websites do it that way and was just wondeing if it could be done here. I'm gonna have a lot of pages on my site in a few distinct topics and was probably just wanting to have them more grouped and organized.

One more question I have is I have a report that I want people to be able to download from my site... I have watched the tutorial on "how does BlueFTP work" and have uploaded the file to Voda server but it doesn't then tell you how to set up your webpage so that people can download it from your site. How do I do this??

Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
        X