Blank space appearing on page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank space appearing on page

When I create a page with a text box and then a picture below it, on some PCs there is a large blank space between the end of the text and the picture. I cannot understand this. It is fine on my PC, yet on my work PC or my laptop (set to the same resolution, windows and IE versions) there is half a page of blank space. Apart from looking very unprofessional my viisitors may not page down to read the rest. A very good example is http://www.limebrook.com/saddlehistory.html
    Would be grateful of a solution!

Cheers
    Trish
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

I had the same problem also, Is appears ok if I view it with firefox, but when I view it with IE, the text is all over the page.

Is there a bug or something?

Please Help.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
      When I create a page with a text box and then a picture below it, on some PCs there is a large blank space between the end of the text and the picture. I cannot understand this. It is fine on my PC, yet on my work PC or my laptop (set to the same resolution, windows and IE versions) there is half a page of blank space. Apart from looking very unprofessional my viisitors may not page down to read the rest. A very good example is http://www.limebrook.com/saddlehistory.html
      Would be grateful of a solution!

Cheers
      Trish
      HI Trish,

After looking at your page I can only guess that it is suffering from code
      overload syndrome. This occures when you have multiple Items of code
      on the same page (ad sence, search boxes etc...) they sometimes
      conflict with each other.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Try this

I agree with what ***** is saying because this happens on two of my websites. What I tend to do it cut out the item with the code out then view to see whether all is lined up in preview and if not I paste the item back and cut out the next item until I have found the culprit item with coding that causes this overload.
        What I do is make sure that when I try and place extra items in, I cut out that culprit and paste it back in as the last item and this tends to solve the problem for me.

Hope this helps!
        Ruth

http://www.okose.com
        Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Thanks all - will give it a try!

Cheers
          Trish
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk