LocalMiamiGuide.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LocalMiamiGuide.com

I need to know if my site - www.LocalMiamiGuide.com is something that could possibly be converted to BlueVoda + Soholaunch.

I started that site as a hobby 4 years ago never thinking that it would be number 7 on Googles 1st page under keywords "miami guide"

It is running on ASP and I rather use PHP with faster servers.

The site generates over 1/2 a million visitors a year and growing. I only make money from google adsense and banners within the site.

Any feedback ???

Please advise -

Juan M Colome
    With confidence,

Juan Manuel Colome
    Remember the 5 simple rules to true happines -
    1) Free your heart from hatred
    2) Free your mind from worries
    3) Live simple
    4) Give more
    5) Expect less

Re: LocalMiamiGuide.com

You don't say how the site was built - you might be able to take the whole thing and just move it to VodaHost servers. But, yes it could be built in BV - but that would require starting from scratch (which I seem to do often :) )

I'm not sure what you'd need Soho for - as it's a shopping cart, and I didn't see that you had a store.

You've got a great name for a Miami information site - I'm not surprised it's doing well.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth, the site has gone through 4 or 5 major revisions. You'd laugh if you saw the first site.

The site was initially started by a good friend in Russia - he knew Active Server Pages very well. I for one am not a programmer or html person.

I rather pay someone else to do this type of work for me. I don't know if you've taken time to browse the site but it has a bunch of custom options in the back-end admin section.

It uses access 2000 as the DB - ehich I've been told is not good

Thanks again -

Juan
      With confidence,

Juan Manuel Colome
      Remember the 5 simple rules to true happines -
      1) Free your heart from hatred
      2) Free your mind from worries
      3) Live simple
      4) Give more
      5) Expect less

Comment

Access is by far the easiest DB software to learn, and is certainly applicable to most hosting enviornments.

If you have not done so yet, you may wish to consider paying to upgrade your Offce to 2003 version (cheap, and it includes the most robust version of Access as well) and to invest the time to actually learn how to use this software. Spend $30 to pick up a reference manual (Thomison publishers are the best) and even to stroll around the MS online help.

Switching to a "cart" format is not worth your time, and will not support such a site properly.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X